Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Avis eToll fees

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Question on Avis eToll fees

Am curious about something here -- I'm aware that there's a daily fee for use of the electronic tolling system in the Avis cars, and also that you're charged every day regardless of toll use. But do they charge you the daily fee retroactively?

For example, if I started using the system on day 3 of a 5 day rental, do they charge the daily fee for days 1 and 2 in addition to days 3, 4, and 5? Or is it just from the day you use it till the end of your rental?
Old May 22, 2013, 1:30 pm

Once you use it (regardless of on what day of your rental), you will pay their $2.99/day (or is it $2.50?) x your total rental days.
Old May 22, 2013, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Once you use it (regardless of on what day of your rental), you will pay their $2.99/day (or is it $2.50?) x your total rental days.
That's what I was afraid off. And that really pisses me off. I can get around the daily fee, and even for the days you don't use it (once you've started using it), but to charge the fee retroactively is slimy.
Old May 22, 2013, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
That's what I was afraid off. And that really pisses me off. I can get around the daily fee, and even for the days you don't use it (once you've started using it), but to charge the fee retroactively is slimy.
I don't see how the policy is any worse -- or any better -- than charging you the daily E-toll fee for ten days if you only use it on the first day. The charge is per rental based on the number of days of rental, not the number of days of use.
Old May 28, 2013, 6:37 am

This is from Avis:

Florida:
In the state of Florida, vehicles are equipped with a transponder tag. The transponder is located near the rearview mirror. To use the transponder, move the switch into the "on" position as you drive through the designated Sun-Pass Only, ePass Only or Leeway High-speed lanes. The following lanes will accept e-Toll: Alligator Alley (Broward/Collier), Beachline Expressway (Orlando), Cape Coral Toll Bridge, Garcon Point Bridge (Milton), Homestead Extension (Miami-Dade), Midpoint Memorial Toll Bridge, Northern Coin, Pinellas Bayway (St. Petersburg), Polk Parkway (Lakeland), Sanibel Causeway, Sanibel Causeway Toll Bridge, Sawgrass Expressway (Broward), Selmon Crosstwon Expressway (Tampa), Seminole Expressway (Orlando), Southern Coin, Southern Connector Extension (Orlando), SR 112 - Airport Expressway, SR 408, SR 417, SR 429, SR 414 & SR 528, SR 522 (Osceola Parkway), SR 551 (South Golden Rod Road), SR 836 - Dolphin Expressway, SR 874 - Don Shula Expressway, SR 878 - Snapper Creek Expressway, SR 924 - Gratigny Parkway, Suncoast Parkway (Tampa), Sunshine Skyway (St. Petersburg), Turnpike Mainline, Veterans Expressway (Tampa)

If you DO NOT want to use the toll service, place the switch in the "off" position.

Note: Florida Turnpike (Homestead Extension) in Miami-Dade County (Milepost 0 to Milepost 47) is a cashless highway, you opt-in to use e-Toll.

When a renter utilizes these lanes, the toll system identifies the car and charges the standard cash fee for toll roads as published by the toll authority, plus the convenience fee of $2.95 per day ($14.75 maximum per month).

All toll charges will appear on the renter's credit card statement as Avis Rent A Car Tolls, Great Neck, NY.

To obtain a receipt please visit e-tolls.com or call 1-866-642-2000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.