Wiki Posts
Search

3 day promo returning car after 2 days?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
3 day promo returning car after 2 days?

I am signed up for the Flying blue 50K miles promo that requires a 3 day rental. I booked a 3 day rental but might need to return the car earlier than schedule (close to 48h). Can I still pay and get the 3 day credit? what is the process?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by david-alexis
I am signed up for the Flying blue 50K miles promo that requires a 3 day rental. I booked a 3 day rental but might need to return the car earlier than schedule (close to 48h). Can I still pay and get the 3 day credit? what is the process?
It's not possible that I know of. I really doubt a location will hold the keys and not check-in until later, but you can always ask. You might have better luck at smaller locations.

Another *potential* option would be to list the check-out time earlier than your actual check-out time. If you're preferred, they might put the contract in the car for when you say you'll be there. Then you can get there later and leave without them really knowing when you took the car out.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
49 hours is 3 days.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by sosafan
49 hours is 3 days.
Not usually... 2+ hours typically is more than an extra day, but 1 hour usually will be billed as 2 days, 1 hour. The daily/hourly rate should be listed in your reservation.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:02 am

It didn't work for me (last year) but then nothing posted after the 3rd or 4th rental...

Palmer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.