X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
No, but I have reserved a BMW 7-series there in just over a week's time, so can report back if you like?
Yes, Please.

I have also reserved the Luxury, which was listed as "BMW 7 series or similar".

It was $60 more for the 10 days than the intermediate mini van.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Yes, Please.

I have also reserved the Luxury, which was listed as "BMW 7 series or similar".

It was $60 more for the 10 days than the intermediate mini van.
I got a Mercedes S-Class 350D in dark blue with a lot of options. In the face of it a nice car. On the negative side it was a car that had damage on many panels and a slightly grubby interior. It was fine for our needs though which was just a blast to Jerez and then back again two days later.

Judging by the extensive SatNav history the car had spent its life in Madrid and had been transferred to Malaga specifically for our rental, hence why no doubt the Madrid Barajas station had transferred to Malaga their oldest/most damaged car. I suspect that this is due to it being out of season, and I did note in general far fewer luxury cars on the lots of all the big rental companies compared to previous visits in May/June. I expect this car will be taken out of the fleet following my rental, so I hope you get a newer cleaner car!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
I got a Mercedes S-Class 350D in dark blue with a lot of options. In the face of it a nice car. On the negative side it was a car that had damage on many panels and a slightly grubby interior. It was fine for our needs though which was just a blast to Jerez and then back again two days later.

Judging by the extensive SatNav history the car had spent its life in Madrid and had been transferred to Malaga specifically for our rental, hence why no doubt the Madrid Barajas station had transferred to Malaga their oldest/most damaged car. I suspect that this is due to it being out of season, and I did note in general far fewer luxury cars on the lots of all the big rental companies compared to previous visits in May/June. I expect this car will be taken out of the fleet following my rental, so I hope you get a newer cleaner car!
Thanks VT! Sadly I will have to cancel my rental in Malaga as our plans have changed and we are picking up in SVQ instead. No luxury offered in Sevilla, but 3 different "Full Size" options. A BMW 3 series, BMW 5 series, and Audi A6. All are within $20 for our 12 day rental. What's the deal with so many "Full size" selections?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
I recently booked at Class D at Gatwick airport. I was assigned a Toyota C-HR (which is the Class D select series vehicle). I swapped to a base model Octavia estate, marked on my invoice as a Class H.

I should have taken the Toyota, but needed the boot space for an Ikea run.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
I have a class K booked from LHR T5 via British Airways Holidays, and it is showing up as a Mercedes or similar.

From what I have just read on the Avis website, Mercedes and BMW will not be given continental cover - and I need to take the car from the UK to Germany for a few days.

Does class K pretty much guarantee that I can’t do this unless I downgrade?

I am thinking I am going to need to cancel the BA booking and re-book with a cheaper car class...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
According to the Avis Preferred line, it’s just a case of getting BA to add a note to the booking that says “contential cover required” and something like an Audi will be supplied instead of a BMW or Mercedes.

I’ll find out if it is as simple as that on April 1st...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:01 am

Why would you take a UK registered (right hand drive) into a continental (left hand drive) area? You'll need to pay additional (mandatory) insurances and ferry fees. Generally cheaper to fly or eurostar across and rent a different car once in LHD land.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Why would you take a UK registered (right hand drive) into a continental (left hand drive) area? You'll need to pay additional (mandatory) insurances and ferry fees. Generally cheaper to fly or eurostar across and rent a different car once in LHD land.
Passenger is medically not allowed to fly and is very ill, it's the easiest and least stressful way for them.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:14 pm

Groups C and E

I'm looking to book a family hatchback. Avis has groups C and E which, from the examples on their website, both seem to contain similarly sized family hatchbacks. Is there any real difference between these classes?
Old May 8, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by DJ Billy
I'm looking to book a family hatchback. Avis has groups C and E which, from the examples on their website, both seem to contain similarly sized family hatchbacks. Is there any real difference between these classes?
Reply might be too late, but no, there is no difference.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
UK Select fleet currently consists of:

Mercedes-Benz CLA 220D AMG

Volvo V40 Inscription

Toyota C-HR Hybrid Dynamic

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD R Design (brand new models arrived on fleet last week)

DS 7 CROSSBACK Performance Line (already bookable but only from July)

Old May 11, 2018, 1:09 am

As well as the impossible to tell apart groups C and E, there is also group P. This is laughably called executive. A VW golf is a perfectly acceptable car but calling it executive is a bit rich.
On my most recent rental the agent was gushing that he'd upgraded me from a group E - when he said he'd allocated a golf as an upgrade I nearly burst out laughing. In my book a car with manual air con (not climate control) and without navigation cannot be called executive...
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
As well as the impossible to tell apart groups C and E, there is also group P. This is laughably called executive. A VW golf is a perfectly acceptable car but calling it executive is a bit rich.
On my most recent rental the agent was gushing that he'd upgraded me from a group E - when he said he'd allocated a golf as an upgrade I nearly burst out laughing. In my book a car with manual air con (not climate control) and without navigation cannot be called executive...
I was also 'upgraded' from a group E to a golf at LHR T5 yesterday. I asked if I could get anything nicer as a President's Club member...they said I could have an Astra if I want....
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: SIXT Gold, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis Preferred Plus, KrisFlyer Elite Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
UK Select fleet currently consists of:

Mercedes-Benz CLA 220D AMG

Volvo V40 Inscription

Toyota C-HR Hybrid Dynamic

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD R Design (brand new models arrived on fleet last week)

DS 7 CROSSBACK Performance Line (already bookable but only from July)

Hi clubman,

I'm interested in hiring the C-HR, any idea how to actually reserve it? The reason I'm asking is because I don't actually see the C-HR being listed on the Avis website, or any other Select Series vehicle for that matter.

Thanks,
Alex

EDIT : I found out the reason why I didn't see the C-HR. I was on the Avis USA website. I could see the C-HR went I went on the Avis UK website. Thanks anyways!

Last edited by akbw; Jul 31, 2018 at 11:26 pm
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry for the late reply AKBW,

Actually, you can see Select Series cars on avis.com but you need to select "Heathrowt1/2/3/4 Select, Hounslow Middlesex, GB-(N1P)" which is one of the options on the dropdown menu when typing "Heathrow" into the location window.

Only issue is it doesn't give you the option of T5 there (I've alerted them many times about this but nothing has been done), but you can always book and then contact them and ask to pick up at T5 if that's where you are arriving into.

TBH though, avis.co.uk will often offer you cheaper rates than avis.com if you're choosing USA as your base country.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.