X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:28 pm

I booked peugeot 207 via priceline, avis upgraded bmw 1series for me. The rental for 3d2n was only gbp108. I think that is a very good deal.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by olivetti
VW Golf Cabriolet confirmed to be joining Select end of March initially from London Heathrow
That's great news, thanks! ^ (providing of course the rates are reasonable...).

As I understood it, they will be announcing some more additions to the Select fleet next week, so can't wait!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:26 am

Chevrolet Lacetti

Lacetti or Cruze?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by senna60_94
Lacetti or Cruze?
Sorry should have said Lacetti.
Cruze dissapeared from the UK fleet late last year
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:57 pm

Sorry should have said Lacetti.
Cruze dissapeared from the UK fleet late last year
How come? Cos Cruze is Lacetti's replacement, so Avis is buying older model cars to replace newer model ones?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by senna60_94
How come? Cos Cruze is Lacetti's replacement, so Avis is buying older model cars to replace newer model ones?
The Cruze is a totally different model to the Lacetti, the latter being smaller and aimed at the Ford Focus size market, the Cruze aimed at the Ford Mondeo size market. So to answer your question I do believe on this occasion Avis has not bought older models to replace new models.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:22 pm

U sure? Cos the Lacetti is no longer produced since 2009 & it's being replaced worldwide by the Cruze. The only Lacetti that u can buy today is the Daewoo Lacetti in Korea & that itself is a rebadged Chevy Cruze.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
My hunch is that automatics don't get rented nearly as much as manuals, and therefore there is a much slower turnover of them in the fleet (i.e. there are more older but low mileage examples about).

I've also not seen a single Cruze in the Avis fleet so far, but maybe they're eluding me?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Tip of the hat to our anonymous (but verified) Avis employee who has once again provided some updates, this time to the 2012 Select fleet. Be sure to give a smile and a sincere thank you the next time you rent from Avis, it might be them
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
the Cruze aimed at the Ford Mondeo size market.
Actually no...

The cruise is more Focus size than Mondeo and it's the focus car group it's aimed at (sales wise) not the Mondeo..
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Just picked up a 2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.6VVT SRi from Belfast City Airport (BHD). Reserved class C (medium compact) but nothing available, so received this in class E (medium intermediate), ~ 25,000 on the clock, fair few dents and dings on the bodywork.

Not the latest generation Astra, and only a three door, but a better looking car than the five door ever was. Perfect warm-ish hatch for the inner culshie in me as I tour a few sites in rural Northern Ireland this week
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
Actually no...

The cruise is more Focus size than Mondeo and it's the focus car group it's aimed at (sales wise) not the Mondeo..
Apologies Clubman, I was referring to the Car Group category it was put in with Avis (Grp D) not sales wise
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apologies Clubman, I was referring to the Car Group category it was put in with Avis (Grp D) not sales wise
understood.

Strange decision though since the Cruise is considerably smaller than the Mondeo and marketed everywhere else as a Focus group car.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
EDI Cool cars?

I need to make a reservation at EDI and when I type EDI in the Avis booking engine it gives me the choice of EDI (EDI), or Edinburgh International Airport Cool Cars (JP1). However all the Cool cars show as sold out. Does anyone know what's up with this?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
However all the Cool cars show as sold out. Does anyone know what's up with this?
It's an issue with avis.com (which I imagine is where you'r looking based on the terminology you're using?).

Have you tried the UK site?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.