Wiki Posts
Search

Avis @ MSP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Angry Avis @ MSP

I have been renting from Avis MSP Terminal 1 for the last 3 months almost every week.

I have also re-gained my Avis First status.

I alyasy rent a Full size and end up in a Jeep Patriot. At first They wanted to put me into a Crown Vic which I quickly took care of.

I told the gal at the Preferred Counter I wanted to experience all of the SUV's
and she has done a decent job accomodating except for the Ford Explorer.

I just cant get them to give this SUV to me

Am I expecting too much?
I mean I rent from these guys almost every week.

Other locations upgrade me to my choice of a premium or luxury car.

Should I try picking up a vehicle out of Terminal 2?

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by rebadc
I just cant get them to give this SUV to me

Am I expecting too much?
Yes. First is a one-car upgrade "based upon availability." Full to standard is at least a few car classes up the food chain. A one-class upgrade from Full is to Premium.

Other locations upgrade me to my choice of a premium or luxury car.
I'd consider this lucky, especially for the luxury category.

Should I try picking up a vehicle out of Terminal 2?
I can't comment here. I'll let this to the regulars in the MSP area.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:14 pm

Avis MSP

Thank you for being Avis First, Sir. My name is Caitlin and I am a rental sales agent at MSP avis. I am sorry that you haven't gotten all the upgrades you would like. I think trying the SUVS is a great thing! (I hate giving out those crown victorias!) in the middle of winter, it is normall hard to come by a ford explorer, we as sales agents save them sometimes for people or families who booked mini-vans, and when they arrive if its snowing we suggest they take the ford explorer because of the four wheel drive! But with the little amount of snow we have had this year, and your repeat bussiness I am sure we can rangle you up an Explorer! When you come to town next if you would like to come to the counter and ask for Caitlin instead of goig to the perfered booth, I would gladly take a look for you provided I was working. I am by no means a spokes person for avis, i just really like my job and want to make loyal customers happy. I travel a lot, so i always check this site. Hope this helps, and thank you!

oh P.s. I wouldn't try term. 2 because there is no shuttle service that connects them so you would have to take the city light rail if you didn't fly in there (only sun cou. Iceland, southwest and one other airline land there) and we normally only have cars for the amount of reservations and a few extras. Our lot at term 1 is a lot bigger too!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 9:41 am

You go Caitlin!

Originally Posted by Cpeterson8
Thank you for being Avis First, Sir. My name is Caitlin and I am a rental sales agent at MSP avis. I am sorry that you haven't gotten all the upgrades you would like. I think trying the SUVS is a great thing! (I hate giving out those crown victorias!) in the middle of winter, it is normall hard to come by a ford explorer, we as sales agents save them sometimes for people or families who booked mini-vans, and when they arrive if its snowing we suggest they take the ford explorer because of the four wheel drive! But with the little amount of snow we have had this year, and your repeat bussiness I am sure we can rangle you up an Explorer! When you come to town next if you would like to come to the counter and ask for Caitlin instead of goig to the perfered booth, I would gladly take a look for you provided I was working. I am by no means a spokes person for avis, i just really like my job and want to make loyal customers happy. I travel a lot, so i always check this site. Hope this helps, and thank you!

oh P.s. I wouldn't try term. 2 because there is no shuttle service that connects them so you would have to take the city light rail if you didn't fly in there (only sun cou. Iceland, southwest and one other airline land there) and we normally only have cars for the amount of reservations and a few extras. Our lot at term 1 is a lot bigger too!
Now THAT's cool! Quite refreshing that customer service extends beyond the door. Avis should be thankful they have employees like Caitlin.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:26 pm

Years later

This is still by far my favorite compliment I’ve ever revived. All these years later, I look back at this thread to motivate myself. My offer still stands, I am still in MSP. Happy to have kind guests like you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.