avis.com behaving badly

Old Oct 9, 2010, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
avis.com behaving badly

avis.com is acting possessed!

I've tried different browsers, clearing cookies, not logging in, and none of that worked... the work-around was bizarre.

I entered in a 6-day rental (and tried several airports) for late October. I used the Citicorp AWD A074800 (as well as others including an airline AWD or two). For a split second I see a list of prices for the car classes that I am expecting... reasonable prices. But then in less than a second everything jumps up to almost twice the amounts. The AWD on the right side of the page in the "Additional Information" section changes to B583000. The AWD drop-down list at the top of the page too shows B583000. I select from that drop down list "Use another AWD or rate code", enter in A074800, and the same behavior happens. For about 1/2 second I see the rates I expect and then every price is updated to the near or higher $400 mark!

What gives?

Work-around: I go to Continental Airline's website. I do not log in, enter my Avis#, AWD A074800, but no coupon code. Low and behold I get the prices I was expecting. I complete the reservation through continental.com and get my Avis conf #.

Now I pull the reservation up on avis.com to modify it and add my coupon code, MUAA044, and US DivMiles number. Again the prices all jump up and the AWD changes to B583000. Needless to say I cancel the modifications.

I called Avis and had no problem giving them my coupon code and US FF #. The price didn't change and she even mentioned my "Citigroup Travel" AWD as she was reviewing the details of the reservation. She confirmed that the coupon was valid for this rental.

She had no reports of avis.com having trouble. I got this behavior all Friday night up to about midnight EDT and this morning (Sat.). I did a google search of B583000 and a FlyerTalk search on that same AWD and got zero hits.

Evan! confused
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:26 pm

Thumbs down Me Too!

I've been experiencing the EXACT same problem for the last two days as well!

No matter what I do, it switches the AWD to B583000.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
I've been experiencing the EXACT same problem for the last two days as well!

No matter what I do, it switches the AWD to B583000.
ORD, ATL, DEN, BOS, PHX, and LAX are all still behaving this way for me. ?????

I did get JFK, FLL & MIA to behave normally. AWD and dates do not to matter.

Hey Philly, try going through continental.com and report back your experience.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
try going through continental.com and report back your experience.
I'm experiencing the problem with a reservation for SNA. Tried substituting JFK and, just as you reported, the AWD went through fine.

FWIW, I'm attempting to use my company's corporate AWD.

Continental is actually returning higher rates than Avis, even with my AWD. I'm entering it in, along with my Wizard ID, but I can't tell whether it is "taking."
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

This is just plain FUBAR. I too wanted to make sure my CO reservation "took". I pulled it up on avis.com using the Avis conf# and it indeed took. I called to put my US# in the res.

My attempts were with AWDs I have used many times with no problems, publicly advertised AWD codes like Delta and United, and no AWD code. For the locations I reported B583000 was all I could get.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I'm having trouble for SNA as well.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:36 am

Fixed?

Looking this morning, the issue appears to be resolved for PHX and SNA (those were the only two I had time to try).

Is the problem still appearing for anyone else?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
Looking this morning, the issue appears to be resolved for PHX and SNA (those were the only two I had time to try).

Is the problem still appearing for anyone else?
YEAH!! PHX-fine, SNA-fine, DEN-fine, BOS-fine,...

Actually, I can't find any location behaving badly now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.