Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Any new updates or benefits to the two "secret tiers"?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Avis CC, National Exec,Hertz PC, Ritz Carlton Gold
Chairman and new avis app

Has any fellow chairman status people used the new Avis app for the exchanging cars? Is it for us how is it? Any reviews- Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:04 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by jhokie
Has any fellow chairman status people used the new Avis app for the exchanging cars? Is it for us how is it? Any reviews- Thanks!
Been assigned nice upgrades before arrival (Lux or Specialty class). When I try to swap with the app, it gives much lesser options for free exchanges (midsize car or small SUV). To upgrade to the same model as I'm in (just a different car), it tries to charge for it. So it'snot optimized for CC in my experience.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Been assigned nice upgrades before arrival (Lux or Specialty class). When I try to swap with the app, it gives much lesser options for free exchanges (midsize car or small SUV). To upgrade to the same model as I'm in (just a different car), it tries to charge for it. So it'snot optimized for CC in my experience.
Ditto for PC. Only "free" options are those in the class size I've booked.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by 1kIAH
Ditto for PC. Only "free" options are those in the class size I've booked.
That's my experience also.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
PSA: The PHX airport location is a stingy miser when it comes to CHM upgrades. They had probably 20+ BMW/Mercedes cars available but would only give me a Taurus, even after going in to talk to nicely ask for an upgrade. I've rented from probably 30+ locations and this is the only one that has ever given me issues (actually, BOS gave me trouble ONE time out of the 40+ times I rented from there). Wonder what's going on over at PHX.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by ramalama8
PSA: The PHX airport location is a stingy miser when it comes to CHM upgrades. ... I've rented from probably 30+ locations and this is the only one that has ever given me issues... Wonder what's going on over at PHX.
We rented in PHX for over a decade but first noticed this in Mar 2015. Rented a minivan, they bluntly refused to give us one of the many large SUV's in their lot. Was usually pre-assigned one (or some other worthy upgrade) at most other AVIS locations.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by ramalama8
PSA: The PHX airport location is a stingy miser when it comes to CHM upgrades. They had probably 20+ BMW/Mercedes cars available but would only give me a Taurus, even after going in to talk to nicely ask for an upgrade. I've rented from probably 30+ locations and this is the only one that has ever given me issues (actually, BOS gave me trouble ONE time out of the 40+ times I rented from there). Wonder what's going on over at PHX.
SAME HERE! In late 2015 on a Premium ressie, the best they would do was a Taurus Limited. They made me pay $25/day to upgrade to an XTS. Next time I was able to get a small SUV (Equinox?) when I asked for an SUV. But definitely no to Explorers or anything else decent.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
My company just enrolled me in a Chairman's pilot program. I had been a former Hertz guy. But from the benefits that my travel manager sent, this looks like a great program. Anything beyond the stated benefits that I should expect? I read PHX is stingy...any other stingy cities?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Any PC experiences out of MSP? Renting weekly and just got PC status. I've been getting such terrible cars up until now... hopefully the grass is greener on the PC side.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Originally Posted by dungeonlurker
Any PC experiences out of MSP? Renting weekly and just got PC status. I've been getting such terrible cars up until now... hopefully the grass is greener on the PC side.
As a Chairman, the offered a Chevy Impala. I looked at them and said really?

They found a Lincoln MKZ.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Teamstone
As a Chairman, the offered a Chevy Impala. I looked at them and said really?

They found a Lincoln MKZ.
Ha. That's rather depressing. First week I got a Chevy Impala as a PC. Second week I got a Dodge Challenger. Much better than the Toyota Corolla I had before that I suppose. Maybe I should push for more of an upgrade, as a Dodge Challenger is considered either Full Size or Premium, and I was booked into a Full Size - so it's either a one class upgrade (vs the advertised two class) or no upgrade at all.

Then again, I got a VW Beetle (which I refused) and a Toyota Corolla before I got PC status, even on a full size reservation... so I'll take what I can get I suppose.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I got the chance to try out my first rental as a chairman. First, the bus driver asked if anyone was a Chairman. I identified myself. Another passenger said he rents at LAX all the time and has never seen a chairman. :-) They had my Cadillac waiting for me right where the bus dropped me off.

Upon return, it was a bit more confusing. I dropped off the car, and the guy that checked me in said to wait for someone to drive me to the terminal. But he asked several red shirt people to take me, all of them declined. Two even said they weren't sure what to do with a Chairman. I felt like a Unicorn. A couple of minutes later someone finally knew what to do with me, and drove me to my terminal.

Except for the return situation, I was quite pleased with how I was treated. Chairman seem to be so rare that many of that staff don't know what to do with us.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by yngdiego
Upon return, it was a bit more confusing. I dropped off the car, and the guy that checked me in said to wait for someone to drive me to the terminal. But he asked several red shirt people to take me, all of them declined. Two even said they weren't sure what to do with a Chairman. I felt like a Unicorn. A couple of minutes later someone finally knew what to do with me, and drove me to my terminal.
Unfortunately, this is quite common. The best return is in DFW. They staple a business card/note to your folder with instructions to call 15 mins before your arrival. They'll be on the lookout for you and can whisk you away quickly. SFO used to do the same but I haven't been here in 2+ years to know if they still do.

Honestly, I think they need a better return policy for CHM. My idea is to use the 4-way flashers upon arrival. The agents can spot you easier and waive you to the proper spot to await a receipt/ride to the terminal. Otherwise, you're often dealing with a flagger that gets very annoyed when you don't get in the middle of a row of returned cars because they cannot see the folder on your dash (not their fault, in dark garages with headlights pointing their way, nobody would readily see the folder). Unless they all adopt the DFW/SFO phone number system.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I got the chance to try out my first rental as a chairman. First, the bus driver asked if anyone was a Chairman. I identified myself. Another passenger said he rents at LAX all the time and has never seen a chairman. :-) They had my Cadillac waiting for me right where the bus dropped me off.

Except for the return situation, I was quite pleased with how I was treated. Chairman seem to be so rare that many of that staff don't know what to do with us.
I rent cars from LAX several times a year. I am told they get multiple CHM members per day.

I just ask for a driver when I pull up to drop off the car, and that seems to get the process started easily.

The problem is more on the pickup side where there is inevitably a Caddy or Lincoln waiting for me, and I have to negotiate for something better.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.