Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Football Fan
I understand that Chairmans is an invitation-only status and that people will probably tell me "if you have to ask"...but I would like to know, is there any way to get Chairmans status, because with my amount of rentals, I don't see how anyone could rent more often than that . And the one thing that would be most useful would be to get a ride back to the airport in the car, when in a hurry.

Any advice on whom to talk to? Thanks...
If you can't get Chairmans, you can buy with cash Hertz Platinum status which is as good, or even better since it seems to work worldwide. Or get a US Amex Centurion where it comes for free.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you can't get Chairmans, you can buy with cash Hertz Platinum status which is as good, or even better since it seems to work worldwide. Or get a US Amex Centurion where it comes for free.
I believe Centurion provides a President's Club membership, not Chairmans.

Only place I'm aware of that you can buy a Chairmans Club membership is via NetJets http://www.netjets.com/promotions/AvisChairman/ or buying it through the American Express Getaway sale, which is coming up soon. https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/default.htm#

If I recall correctly, the membership purchased through the Getaway sale runs $1200 give or take and is good for about a year. There are reports of renewals being offered after that for $2000 per year.

David
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I believe Centurion provides a President's Club membership, not Chairmans.
Please read again. I said you could buy HERTZ Platinum status or get it with Centurion. I wasn't saying you could buy Avis Chairman, nor get it with Centurion.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Football Fan
I'm CEO of a small, but growing company based in Germany (but because I used to live in Switzerland, my Presidents Club membership has so far been in Switzerland). I travel to the USA a lot and we have a small office in the USA.

I understand that Chairmans is an invitation-only status and that people will probably tell me "if you have to ask"...but I would like to know, is there any way to get Chairmans status, because with my amount of rentals, I don't see how anyone could rent more often than that . And the one thing that would be most useful would be to get a ride back to the airport in the car, when in a hurry.
Chances are your corporate contract (if you do have one) isnt large enough to warrant a CC membership... But you should talk to your Avis Corporate Contract liaison. If you dont have one, then your chances are slim.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:42 pm

Good luck, everyone wants to know how.
Right now only a small group of ppl know and good luck getting them to tell you how
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Always a Alamo/Enterprise/National renter, but signed up for the Avis First status with signup by World Elite MasterCard offer.

After sign up, only shows as Preferred member. Anyone else have this issue?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by msp3
Always a Alamo/Enterprise/National renter, but signed up for the Avis First status with signup by World Elite MasterCard offer.

After sign up, only shows as Preferred member. Anyone else have this issue?
Yeah you call up Avis to have them update you.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:12 am

Avis First overseas assignment

Accruing rentals (or 30 days in my case) working overseas allowed me to earn Avis First status and a free weekend rental. Terms of the rental are valid in ~North America only and a relatively short period to redeem (I emailed and they were not flexible to extend it). Terms of Avis Preferred and Avis First are the recognition and benefits of it are valid ~North America only. Given these t&c, is there any valid reason for an ex-pat to remain loyal to Avis when living abroad?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by DBCme
Accruing rentals (or 30 days in my case) working overseas allowed me to earn Avis First status and a free weekend rental. Terms of the rental are valid in ~North America only and a relatively short period to redeem (I emailed and they were not flexible to extend it). Terms of Avis Preferred and Avis First are the recognition and benefits of it are valid ~North America only. Given these t&c, is there any valid reason for an ex-pat to remain loyal to Avis when living abroad?
Depending on where you are living now (or frequently renting from). I know in Europe, with corporate locations they do recognize status at times.

In Asia, most places are just licencees, so your status may not really do much. Right now I travel to Singapore a lot and I'm not sure the upgrades I get are from my status or just the fact that there always seems to be shortage of cars. On the printout they have all the renters for the day it does list my status and they occasionally ask for the Avis membership card to photocopy (as many international locations do with ID and credit card).
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by alphaod
Depending on where you are living now (or frequently renting from). I know in Europe, with corporate locations they do recognize status at times.

In Asia, most places are just licencees, so your status may not really do much. Right now I travel to Singapore a lot and I'm not sure the upgrades I get are from my status or just the fact that there always seems to be shortage of cars. On the printout they have all the renters for the day it does list my status and they occasionally ask for the Avis membership card to photocopy (as many international locations do with ID and credit card).
Avis response: Please know that the Avis Preferred enrollment terms that that <sic> any Preferred benefits are applicable to only participating Avis locations in U.S. and Canadia <sic> (including Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands).
The Avis First program, and any benefits are applicable only to the same
areas.

Grammatical errors aside...

In summary, while you can earn your status overseas, it provides no actual benefit that can be used in these countries. Global recognition of Avis Preferred or Avis First Status does not exist. Yes, it will show on your profile, yes it will print out on the invoice, but it's just unnecessary text.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by alphaod
Yeah you call up Avis to have them update you.
Got in touch with Avis, and they told me the World Elite MasterCard promotion was on hold, and it's a MasterCard problem, not theirs. Making it worse, they wouldn't match National or Hertz status I had. Ugh.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:34 pm

How current is the information on the first page of this thread? Has anything changed?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Spec1alk
How current is the information on the first page of this thread? Has anything changed?
Still fairly current for the most part. I bulleted out some (certainly not all) changes below:

Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
        Originally Posted by 1kIAH
        Presidents Club is still Invite-Only. You can no longer get it with the Continental Presidential Plus card
        Correction:
        You can no longer get a Continental/United Presidential Plus card, but if you already have one, you can still be AVIS Presidents Club.

Source: thats where my status comes from
        Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:19 am
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bkafrick
        Correction:
        You can no longer get a Continental/United Presidential Plus card, but if you already have one, you can still be AVIS Presidents Club.

Source: thats where my status comes from
        Mine comes from Amex Centurion. Which itself is invitation only, so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.