Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I can't answer as a Chairman, but I've been a regular at LAX for over a decade as Presidents Club. I get any available car I want on the lot, even SUV's and minivans.

And I sometimes get a personal ride back to the airport if I ask.

Also I have rented from the Westwood location a few times if that matters. Just your average city location.

Last edited by stimpy; Mar 13, 2011 at 9:14 am
Old Mar 13, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
I posted yesterday, but I wanted to clarify and ask for further guidance:

I need a large SUV/minivan renting in Dallas from April 16-26. I want to book an intermediate and count on the upgrade which I think I could reasonably do at DFW. The airport taxes are killing me, however. There is a downtown location that would save me $150.

Anyone ever have issues getting their desired upgrade at neighborhood locations? I know they usually have far fewer cars, so they may not even have a large SUV/minivan on site. I'm wondering if I could call them ahead of time and let them know of my preference? Do you think they would accommodate?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
I recall back before 9/11 Pres Club member pretty much always got driven back to the airport. When the airports then clamped down on security, that all stopped. But it still happens from time to time. I rent mostly from LAX and if I ask, and someone is free, they will drive me back. Or they will drive me to a nearby hotel if I ask. I always give the driver a few bucks.
Frankly, it has nothing to do with security, since airport locations always drive Chairman's Club to the terminal, no questions asked (I have NEVER been turned down for this since I have been CC). Most likely, what it does have to do with is Avis phasing out that benefit for PC members as an economy move, and blaming it on security issues (even though that makes no sense since they do it for CC members).

Originally Posted by traveldealer
Any Chairmen have any experiences at LAX (or local la locations )?
Yes, I have rented from LAX twice since I have been CC, and each time they let me choose my own car without any hesitation (Although the second time it took a bit longer for them to find what I wanted, which was a premium or luxury car with GPS installed from the manufacturer. I ended up with a 2010 Buick LaCrosse with GPS manufacturer installed, which I was quite pleased with, although I had asked them for an Infiniti or a Hyundai Genesis, neither of which they had available at my pickup time.)

Originally Posted by ramalama8
I posted yesterday, but I wanted to clarify and ask for further guidance:

I need a large SUV/minivan renting in Dallas from April 16-26. I want to book an intermediate and count on the upgrade which I think I could reasonably do at DFW. The airport taxes are killing me, however. There is a downtown location that would save me $150.

Anyone ever have issues getting their desired upgrade at neighborhood locations? I know they usually have far fewer cars, so they may not even have a large SUV/minivan on site. I'm wondering if I could call them ahead of time and let them know of my preference? Do you think they would accommodate?
Yes, of course you can call them ahead of time! Local locations are no different when it comes to rules and benefits, the only limitation they have is inventory. If you give them enough notice, they might even pull what you want from another nearby location. However, they would not do this for a Romney supporter in Texas. Romney supporters only get what they want in Utah. In Texas, you have to be a Palin or Paul supporter to get what you want, and in California or Hawaii, they will only do it for Obama supporters.
(kidding about the politics, of course!)
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USirritated
Frankly, it has nothing to do with security, since airport locations always drive Chairman's Club to the terminal, no questions asked (I have NEVER been turned down for this since I have been CC). Most likely, what it does have to do with is Avis phasing out that benefit for PC members as an economy move, and blaming it on security issues (even though that makes no sense since they do it for CC members).
No, it's security related. In fact, even CC member couldn't get driven to LAX for about a year after 9/11. Then Avis, Hertz, etc. were allowed only a certain number of trips into LAX. So they only realistically had space for CC members, not PC. Now it is much more relaxed and they don't have a problem driving me back as long as the guy who does that isn't on break.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
No, it's security related. In fact, even CC member couldn't get driven to LAX for about a year after 9/11. Then Avis, Hertz, etc. were allowed only a certain number of trips into LAX. So they only realistically had space for CC members, not PC. Now it is much more relaxed and they don't have a problem driving me back as long as the guy who does that isn't on break.
No offense intended, but how could it possibly be security related? How does the airport or police know who is driving who to the terminals for drop off? How is an Avis employee any more or less of a security risk as a driver than a taxi driver or someone's spouse? Who was it that supposedly kept track of the number of trips (and how could they do it) which Avis, Hertz, etc. was taking from the rental lots to the terminals?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No offense intended, but how could it possibly be security related? How does the airport or police know who is driving who to the terminals for drop off? How is an Avis employee any more or less of a security risk as a driver than a taxi driver or someone's spouse? Who was it that supposedly kept track of the number of trips (and how could they do it) which Avis, Hertz, etc. was taking from the rental lots to the terminals?
I'm not sure how well you know LAX, but all cars are monitored as they enter. Still to this day the police do random checks of cars as they enter.

As for security risks, I'm not going to try to justify the policy! It's all a bad idea to me.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Yes, of course you can call them ahead of time! Local locations are no different when it comes to rules and benefits, the only limitation they have is inventory. If you give them enough notice, they might even pull what you want from another nearby location. However, they would not do this for a Romney supporter in Texas. Romney supporters only get what they want in Utah. In Texas, you have to be a Palin or Paul supporter to get what you want, and in California or Hawaii, they will only do it for Obama supporters.
(kidding about the politics, of course!)
Haha. I only wish life worked like that - I'd be the King of Utah!!! And maybe Nevada - lots of supporters there as well. And as far as Republicans go, California and Colorado like him too. Heck, he's pretty popular in the majority of the West.

That's what I figured re calling ahead of time. I hope they're able to swing my request. Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Presidents Club vs. First

Just received an email from Avis stating that I've earned Avis First from my 2011 rentals. Q is - do I want Avis First status or am I better off sticking with Presidents Club (which I have via the Presidential Plus credit card)?

Also am wondering if Avis will ever pick up/drop off a Presidents Club member or if this is reserved strictly for CC.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:39 pm

arrived at the Reno Tahoe airport location and did not get an upgrade at all.
Is this the norm?
Upon calling, of course the answer was 'upgrades are upon availability'.

Just got upgraded to Presidents Club and always at least had a 1 class upgrade before this, but did not even get that.
Not complaining, just curious if this is how it is suppose to work.

Did not think we had to request for an upgrade, so did not. But, the account is marked as Presidents Club.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AVIZ
Just received an email from Avis stating that I've earned Avis First from my 2011 rentals. Q is - do I want Avis First status or am I better off sticking with Presidents Club (which I have via the Presidential Plus credit card)?
If you read the email closer, you will see that the First benefits are in addition to your Presidents Club benefits. It's not one or the other.

Also am wondering if Avis will ever pick up/drop off a Presidents Club member or if this is reserved strictly for CC.
As Presidents Club, I always get the drop off upon request at LAX. ORD too I think, but it's been a while since I was last there.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
PC Customer Services?

Is there a special customer service number for President's Club? Had a terrible experience and want someone to investigate it.

thanks
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by razflyer
Is there a special customer service number for President's Club? Had a terrible experience and want someone to investigate it.
Just call up the Pres desk, and they will transfer you over to Cust Service.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by razflyer

thanks
Just call up the Pres desk, and they will transfer you over to Cust Service.
The number to the presidents club desk is printed on the back of your presidents club card.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 4:34 am

Is there anything written on Avis' website about these membership levels? I can't seem to find it.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Is there anything written on Avis' website about these membership levels? I can't seem to find it.
You should be able to read about AvisFirst under CARS & SERVICES, then MEMBERSHIP SERVICES on the website. However, Avis does not promote or publicize Avis President's Club or Avis Chairman's Club, and makes them relatively difficult to get. Why this is, I have no idea. I think Avis should promote and publicize PC and CC, just like National and Hertz publicize and promote their top tiers, but Avis did not call me and ask me for my opinion on that, which is too bad, and quite an oversight on their parts, don't you think?
(Yes, the last sentence is sarcasm, in case anyone was not clear on that!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.