Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat
In Europe (from https://www.avis.co.uk/your-avis/avis-loyalty)

Avis President's Club

Members who spend €2,000 on 10 or more rentals a year qualify for our premier tier – Avis President’s Club. In addition to Avis Preferred and Preferred Plus membership benefits, President’s Club includes the following exclusive benefits:
  • Priority service
  • Priority for availability
  • Single upgrade guaranteed***
  • Weekend voucher* – received once per membership after completion of third rental.
  • Free additional driver
  • Double upgrade upon availability on weekends**
* Fuel, extra services and airport surcharges are not included.
** Subject to availability. Not eligible for vans, luxury, Select Series and Prestige cars, and rentals longer than 14 days.
*** Guaranteed upgrade at airport and railway stations. At downtown locations upon availability. Not eligible for vans, luxury, Select Series and Prestige cars, and rentals longer than 14 days.

Does US include Free Additional Driver?

I wish could find the PC number. I didn't get a card and it's not shown anywhere online in my account.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I've DMed it to you
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by rbakker
I've DMed it to you
could you please send it to me, too?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:05 pm

OK. If anyone else wants it, please DM me, don't ask for it here, thanks! Only PC members of course.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a nice experience as President's Club last weekend. I was renting at HSV. I arrived and the agent said "oh you're the person I've been waiting for." She then leaned forward and whispered to me so the other people couldn't hear "you can have a Passat, Mustang or a Cadillac". It felt nice to be appreciated as such.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I had a nice experience as President's Club last weekend. I was renting at HSV. I arrived and the agent said "oh you're the person I've been waiting for." She then leaned forward and whispered to me so the other people couldn't hear "you can have a Passat, Mustang or a Cadillac". It felt nice to be appreciated as such.
Nice! It seems with PC there's an option to go straight to your car without even stopping at the desk, which would (for me) be the greatest benefit of all. But, you have to set it up the first time by, as usual, going to the desk. I tried that and just like last time the person at the desk had never heard of PC and just shrugged their shoulders.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just avoid getting the following message in the app about my PC "upgrade":

That kind of PC "upgrade" I can do without.

David
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up yesterday at BNA. I'm President's Club and had reserved an Intermediate car. I was assigned a 2020 Kia Forte which obviously wasn't going to do much for me. The swap options were a 2021 Dodge Charger, 2021 VW Passat Wagon, 2022 Chevy Malibu, 2021 Buick Encore and if I wanted to pay $6 a Toyota Rav 4 or a Mitsubishi Outlander. Overall not a very impressive rental.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:29 pm

Picked up last weekend at ALB. Due to flight cancellations and a bunch of arrivals all at once there was a line two dozen deep for the combo Avis/Budget booth in the garage where everyone had to pick up. I managed to flag down an employee and said I was President's Club. He said "are you Mr. Charles?" He already had my contract ready to go and after a quick glance at my license he gave me the keys and a contract to a 2021 300S. Glad the status saved me from an unpleasant long wait.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:45 pm

How to Obtain Chairman's Club in 2022

I am at the President's Club level and have the Platinum Amex (not Centurion ) and Inspirato (a luxury travel club). I have the possibility to upgrade to Chairman's Club with Inspirato but it will cost me pass days that I don't want to give up. Does anyone know another way to get in?

Thanks,

Darren
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:29 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Is the PC upgrade applicable to rentals in all categories or only from a certain level.
I reserved a Medium (C-car) at Seatac.
First ever rental with Avis, got PC status thanks to my CC. Used to be loyal to Hertz.
lgormley likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:56 pm

Did a one way from RDU to RIC last Friday. I booked an Intermediate Car and was assigned a 2021 Toyota Camry with 16,000 miles. No swap options were available in the app. It worked but wasn't exciting.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Is the PC upgrade applicable to rentals in all categories or only from a certain level.
I reserved a Medium (C-car) at Seatac.
First ever rental with Avis, got PC status thanks to my CC. Used to be loyal to Hertz.
Haven't looked at the specifics lately, but it used to say CHM & PC upgrades were based on intermediate reservation or higher.

Did a one way from RDU to RIC last Friday. I booked an Intermediate Car and was assigned a 2021 Toyota Camry with 16,000 miles. No swap options were available in the app. It worked but wasn't exciting.
RDU is the most sporadic site I've ever seen, without any consistency. I arrive some times and their lot is BARE with very few cars on it. Other times, they're overflowing. I gave up trying to correlate it to a specific day/time. As a one-way, be glad you got any upgrade and that it had <40k on it!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rbakker
OK. If anyone else wants it, please DM me, don't ask for it here, thanks! Only PC members of course.
Thread dwindled a bit, but I may need to DM you too since I can’t find the special PC number.

I hit United Platinum on Friday. About an hour after my flight landed, I was able to use the United/Avis portal and was instantly confirmed an upgrade to PC. The app reflected as such within 5 minutes. In the app, it says the benefits of PC are as follows:

It's like having your own lane.
• Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
• Earn 50% more points for every qualifying US dollar you spend by opting into Avis Preferred Points.
• Guaranteed car every time.*
• Dedicated President’s Club number for reservations and customer support.
• *With a 24-hour advance reservation
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:36 pm

I sent you the number. As I said in my DM, I hope you have more luck with PC than me, I've had zero benefit. If I mention it to an Avis employee they just look bemused.
Hopefully these are just teething problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.