Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
As a CHM, not seeing a downgrade as a whole. Some locations have crappy cars in general/are more stingy, but I'd say it's in-line with historic/possibly even a bit better. Agents are more willing lately to give out a BMW/MB/Jag without begging lately. However, the app does come with a warning for CHM that [paraphrasing] "They've tried to assign the best car available. Using the app typically isn't a good option as upgrades are limited. If one prefers a different car, it's best to speak with an agent." And this is very true!
are you saying you’re getting BMW/MB/Jags off the app assignment cuz that’s my question. I know you can go to the desk and ask/beg for better and I guess I’m neutral on success there overall I just miss the old days (12 months ago) of being assigned a XC90 or 740i automatically.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:25 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
are you saying you’re getting BMW/MB/Jags off the app assignment cuz that’s my question. I know you can go to the desk and ask/beg for better and I guess I’m neutral on success there overall I just miss the old days (12 months ago) of being assigned a XC90 or 740i automatically.
Nope, the nice upgrades have either been pre-assigned or asked at the counter. The swapping with the app is bad, but Avis admits it's not for CC in their notice.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Nope, the nice upgrades have either been pre-assigned or asked at the counter. The swapping with the app is bad, but Avis admits it's not for CC in their notice.
I'm asking anything non counter/in person begging...
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
As a CHM, not seeing a downgrade as a whole. Some locations have crappy cars in general/are more stingy, but I'd say it's in-line with historic/possibly even a bit better. Agents are more willing lately to give out a BMW/MB/Jag without begging lately. However, the app does come with a warning for CHM that [paraphrasing] "They've tried to assign the best car available. Using the app typically isn't a good option as upgrades are limited. If one prefers a different car, it's best to speak with an agent." And this is very true!
Is CHM a corporate location? I remember the Hertz being Indy owned, always an outlier on honoring Pres. UG's- this was years ago so maybe it has changed.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
thanks. According to a shift manager sometime in about the last six month the system went from flagging Presidents for someone to assign (if they didn’t within some window before reservation it would auto assign) to auto assigning from the get go and the person on staff has to go through the list of reservations on their own and manually chose to change an auto assigned car to one upgraded. That’s one data point so take it for what it’s worth but it’s plausible to me. I hate the wheeling and begging aspect which is why I’ve just been walking over to the national aisle. It’s too bad. I haven’t had less than 50 rentals in a year in a few years.
Good to know & thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
While I wish had a way into Avis PC, it is just not meant to be so far as my rental level is pretty much PP.

Anyway, I just don't have the definitive list of levels that Avis supports. I saw a level called PP-Select. What is that? This wasn't a location with the National-like pick a car choices either. Since I take partner miles and not Avis points, it doesn't matter all that much except I don't know if the app opens its choices more for car switching because of status.

Rasheed
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by rasheed
Anyway, I just don't have the definitive list of levels that Avis supports. I saw a level called PP-Select. What is that? This wasn't a location with the National-like pick a car choices either. Since I take partner miles and not Avis points, it doesn't matter all that much except I don't know if the app opens its choices more for car switching because of status.

Rasheed
What/where did you see info on "PP-Select"? Never heard of or seen anything like this. Avis does have a "Select & Go" option at many locations where (as long as you reserve an intermediate and are a Preferred member) you can pick any car in that row and drive off. It's very hit or miss (lots of times, it's just basic intermediate cars, but other times it's full of SUVs/pickups/minivans) but better than going to the counter to haggle if you want to get on your way quicker and don't like your preassigned car.

The app will often show cars to swap to that aren't in the Select & Go row. You can swap, sometimes get a complimentary upgrade, or pay for a better upgrade, depending on availability. If I didn't have CHM status, I'd definitely use the app as an extra tool to try and secure the specific car you want as you can easily spend 30 seconds looking to see what's available when you're on the bus/shuttle/train. If nothing suits you, then look at the Select & Go row or go to the desk.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
What/where did you see info on "PP-Select"?
It showed up in the manuel printout on one of my pickups. I dodn't know what the select part of the status met.

Rasheed
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Angry

The Avis website seems to have changed the benefits of Chairman's Club. It now reads:
You are a member of the exclusive Chairman's Club ®.

Skip the line at pickup
Express checkout on return
Complimentary GPS
Free car upgrade when available
The mobile website still reads:
Avis Chairman's Club
A travel experience like no other.

Complimentary upgrade to best available car.*
Earn 50% more points for every qualifying US dollar you spend by opting into Avis Preferred Points.
Meet-and Greet and Personal return valet service.**
Complimentary car delivery within 25 miles of participating Avis locations in the US and Canada.
Dedicated Chairman’s Club number for reservations and customer support.
If the website is correct, this is a major "enhancement" of benefits.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
If the website is correct, this is a major "enhancement" of benefits.
Well that would be terrible. Hope it's an I.T. error.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Are Presidents or Chm’s For that matter seeing less upgrades of late? I’m seeing it with the more enhanced phone app now to the point where auto assignments are exactly what I booked (full or premium) to the point where I’m just booking National and Avis now and usually just taking off of the Executive line. I’m not asking about going up to the window I’m talking off the app itself either the initial assignment or other options. Been seeing this for the last six months or so and even made EE on National last year. Thanks
Being upgraded from a manual C-class to an E-class at LHR back in Spring was my best. Aside from that... getting a 3-series estate / station wagon instead of a Passat was probably an upgrade... getting a Golf over a Nissan Juke I am not so sure about. Getting a DS7 over an Insignia probably was.

But also, on several occasions I have been offered an upgrade, then when I've said "Yes please!" I've then been told the upgrade is chargeable and that the only reason I was offered it was because of being a PC member. FRA T1 and LHR T3/4 try this with me a fair bit.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: BA gold, virgin gold, skyteam
Avis presidents club - second driver picking car up in my absence and upgrade benefit

Quick question...if i can only join a family trip four days in to the week, can my nominated second driver pick up the rental car without me being there, would the booking still be eligible for the double class upgrade? I would have made the booking as president s club member. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: too many
Second drivers cannot pick up cars
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ng1265
Second drivers cannot pick up cars
CHM club members being the exception. An amazing feature for those that can make use of it.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: too many
CHM club members being the exception. An amazing feature for those that can make use of it.
My bad, didn't know that. I stand corrected :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.