Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:09 pm

If the maximum upgrade is TO a premium car then I guess the staff was right. The premium category is one category higher than full size and XC60 is in the luxury segment. As the terms stands I dont think PP is any better than Avis preferred considering that the one car class upgrade is the major perk they advertise for PP.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
The Daily Getaway deals are going up.

In a major shift, Avis is no longer selling CHM membership. They are offering PC memberships: $750 each, 20 available.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...b-585c79b4b03b
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
The Daily Getaway deals are going up.

In a major shift, Avis is no longer selling CHM membership. They are offering PC memberships: $750 each, 20 available.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...b-585c79b4b03b
Interesting....

Would Purchasing PC be worth it if the highest class my company allows me to rent are intermediate? I feel like the best cars I'd get as a intermediate renter would be premium cars and if i wanted luxury I feel like I'd have to book a full size which is against policy. Already a Preferrd plus member.... wish they offered Chairmen again.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:57 am

I saw that change on daily getaways too. I think the CHM deal at 1200 was better than PC at 750. I guess Avis really wants to maintain the exclusivity of CHM tier.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by cesc
I think the CHM deal at 1200 was better than PC at 750.
^ Agreed. Can't see paying that much for PC.

Date is 4/25 by the way.

I will admit that some years ago I paid $395 for PC with the Continental credit card. I don't know if I ever saw a two class upgrade. Sometimes it was hard to get one class. I wasn't very good at asking for upgrades back then, and some folks have had phenomenal success getting great upgrades as PC members.

Last edited by DiverDave; Apr 12, 2017 at 6:33 pm
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:18 pm

I saw that change on daily getaways too. I think the CHM deal at 1200 was better than PC at 750. I guess Avis really wants to maintain the exclusivity of CHM tier.
How do most obtain CHM exclusivity without purchasing a year membership
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Been a PC member over the past year from my corp agreement and I haven't been too impressed. Most of the time, I do get a 2 class upgrade. Very rarely do I get upgraded to signature series. I have found BOS/PHX to be some of the best places for upgrades for PC as they tend to go above 2 classes.

Very often, I get upgraded into an SUV instead of a Lux sedan. A lot of push back when asking for a signature series car too.

All my bookings are intermediate or full size. Full will usually land me into a lux at most places, but sometimes I just get stuck in a full size. Intermediate is a toss up.

I have never been driven back with return valet either yet. It's not a PC benefit, but some locations will do it.

CHM is the way to go if you can get it.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:51 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by LReyes66
How do most obtain CHM exclusivity without purchasing a year membership
Gotta negotiate it into a corporate contract. Last I knew, Netjet membership also got you CHM status, but not sure if that's still the case.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I'm PC through corporate and I wouldn't pay $750 for it. Maybe because I rarely use airport locations, I never see upgrades, unless you count a small SUV (which I don't, they aren't luxury and just use more fuel).

I think the only tangible benefit for me is the "always available cars" option, and I think I earn double points? But I would pay $150 tops for PC.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Unlike Chairmans, no one wants President's Club

If the maximum upgrade is TO a premium car then I guess the staff was right. The premium category is one category higher than full size and XC60 is in the luxury segment. As the terms stands I dont think PP is any better than Avis preferred considering that the one car class upgrade is the major perk they advertise for PP.
For as many years as I can recall, the Chairman's Club memberships were sold almost in seconds after the 1:00 PM purchase period began on Daily Getaways. Today, the certificates were all quickly sold out but the President's Club memberships at $750.00 appear to have no takers!

Hopefully Daily Getaways will bring back the product people want and not the worthless PC.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by bas5838
For as many years as I can recall, the Chairman's Club memberships were sold almost in seconds after the 1:00 PM purchase period began on Daily Getaways. Today, the certificates were all quickly sold out but the President's Club memberships at $750.00 appear to have no takers!
Thanks for the update. ^ ^

I recall last year some forum members purchased Chairman's Club memberships last year. I wonder if they got any sort of renewal offer.

David
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Are Presidents or Chm’s For that matter seeing less upgrades of late? I’m seeing it with the more enhanced phone app now to the point where auto assignments are exactly what I booked (full or premium) to the point where I’m just booking National and Avis now and usually just taking off of the Executive line. I’m not asking about going up to the window I’m talking off the app itself either the initial assignment or other options. Been seeing this for the last six months or so and even made EE on National last year. Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
Are Presidents or Chm’s For that matter seeing less upgrades of late? I’m seeing it with the more enhanced phone app now to the point where auto assignments are exactly what I booked (full or premium) to the point where I’m just booking National and Avis now and usually just taking off of the Executive line. I’m not asking about going up to the window I’m talking off the app itself either the initial assignment or other options. Been seeing this for the last six months or so and even made EE on National last year. Thanks
Yes. Having to go into booth and "wheel & deal" for a better upgrade. Still getting them but seems automated system is quite stingy.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
Yes. Having to go into booth and "wheel & deal" for a better upgrade. Still getting them but seems automated system is quite stingy.
thanks. According to a shift manager sometime in about the last six month the system went from flagging Presidents for someone to assign (if they didn’t within some window before reservation it would auto assign) to auto assigning from the get go and the person on staff has to go through the list of reservations on their own and manually chose to change an auto assigned car to one upgraded. That’s one data point so take it for what it’s worth but it’s plausible to me. I hate the wheeling and begging aspect which is why I’ve just been walking over to the national aisle. It’s too bad. I haven’t had less than 50 rentals in a year in a few years.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:06 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
As a CHM, not seeing a downgrade as a whole. Some locations have crappy cars in general/are more stingy, but I'd say it's in-line with historic/possibly even a bit better. Agents are more willing lately to give out a BMW/MB/Jag without begging lately. However, the app does come with a warning for CHM that [paraphrasing] "They've tried to assign the best car available. Using the app typically isn't a good option as upgrades are limited. If one prefers a different car, it's best to speak with an agent." And this is very true!
DiverDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.