Avis Coupon Codes

Old Nov 4, 09, 4:13 am
Company Representative - Autoslash
Original Poster

Avis Coupon Codes

Hi, question on coupon codes... I see that Avis' site says:

"Notes: Coupon discounts are not included in the estimated total and are calculated at the rental counter."

There seem to be tons of coupons floating around on the Internet. It's impossible to tell which one will yield the best results, since Avis.com seems to take virtually all of them, but gives no indication of the actual discount. Any idea how to compare them?

Also, on a related note, will the coupons always stack with any AWD code? Should I just find the lowest AWD and then try to apply the best coupon and hope for the best? Maybe there is a better way to go about this?

Thanks,

Jonathan
Old Nov 9, 09, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by baseline View Post
"Notes: Coupon discounts are not included in the estimated total and are calculated at the rental counter."

There seem to be tons of coupons floating around on the Internet. It's impossible to tell which one will yield the best results, since Avis.com seems to take virtually all of them, but gives no indication of the actual discount. Any idea how to compare them?
I have the same question. I'm not sure if I should book online with Avis at a higher rate than I can book with others and hope that the discount at the counter brings it down below others' "guaranteed" rates. I suppose I can book it anyways and just show up at the counter, see what the total is, and then walk away if it's still not low enough.

Thank you!
Old Nov 9, 09, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by baseline View Post
Hi, question on coupon codes... I see that Avis' site says:

Also, on a related note, will the coupons always stack with any AWD code? Should I just find the lowest AWD and then try to apply the best coupon and hope for the best? Maybe there is a better way to go about this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

What coupon(s) are you using? It should be pretty easy to calculate the final cost of the rental (including coupons) if you make a reservation and just subtract the coupon, and any taxes that would also be reduced from the reduced pre-tax amount.

And, yes, the coupons should be stackable with an AWD code. I would do just like you stated and find the best AWD code that you're eligible for, then put in the coupon you want to use.
Old Nov 9, 09, 11:08 pm

I think that the ambiguity comes into play when the coupon says something like "save up to 25% off your rental..."

So am I supposed to assume that I will get the full 25% off the base rate (pre-tax amount), or might it be less (since it says "up to")?

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 09, 10:58 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MLIFly View Post
I think that the ambiguity comes into play when the coupon says something like "save up to 25% off your rental..."

So am I supposed to assume that I will get the full 25% off the base rate (pre-tax amount), or might it be less (since it says "up to")?

Thanks!
Hmmm, I haven't seen a coupon code where you save a % of your rental. A lot of the AWD codes state that you can save "up to x%" by using the AWD code. With those, it's trial and error. With the coupons (IME) you get dollars or days off of a rental. If you get dollars off, you still pay every daily tax/fee and the % taxes, as well. If you have a days off coupon, you usually get charged the daily taxes and then the % on those fees, but not the % on the standard daily car rate.
Old Nov 10, 09, 7:26 pm

I'm sorry for the confusion. I WAS mixing up AWDs and coupons. I've got it all straightened out now, since the AWD was the only thing affecting the price, not a coupon, and one can see the AWD's effect on price right there when booking online. Thank you for the info!
Old Dec 8, 09, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Get 30-35% Discount w/Avis AWB # Z387740 Code

AWB # Z387740 works great for Avis and no verification required and will give you 30-35% discount. Try it out. It works! finally!

I have been using this for last 3 months to save 30-35% months.

FYI, It is registered for Capgemini San Jose
Old Dec 8, 09, 10:40 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by samanar View Post
AWB # Z387740 works great for Avis and no verification required and will give you 30-35% discount. Try it out. It works! finally!

I have been using this for last 3 months to save 30-35% months.

FYI, It is registered for Capgemini San Jose
Yeah, this guy just keeps on posting that AWB number (which of course is really AWD) over and over again on these boards... I'd be very cautious on using something from someone who only posts one AWD and makes no other contributions to Flyertalk.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...codes-113.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...-avis-csr.html

You get the idea...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: