Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Who has informations abour TACA Guatemala ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)

I am going to spend a few days in Guatemala, and would like to get comments about this company, particularly on their flights between Ciudad Guatemala and Flores ?

In particular, is that absolutely necessary to have a reservation, or can I buy the ticket at the last moment (on their site, but no reservation possible, it is said 80 US dollars one way, 110 both, instead of more than 200 USdollars if I make a reservation through OPODO).

Does TACA participate to Klm Flying Dutchman ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:25 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Hi there,

History lesson: Grupo TACA encompasses airlines that were individually AVIATECA of Guatemala, NICA of Nicaragua, LACSA of Costa Rica, and the original TACA of El Salvador. There is extensive discussion of TACA in the LatinPass/GlobalPass forum. A search there will yield a lot of info.

Flights from GUA to Flores are operated by a commuter partner, so be prepared for a prop flight. In GUA, there are a fwe other small airlines that have flights to Flores, and these airlines don't show up in the reservations systems like SABRE/Travelocity or Galileo.... but IMHO, service on the lesser known airlines will be about the same as on the TACA coded flights.

TACA does participate in Flying Dutchman via the GlobalPass partnership: give your KLM number directly to TACA for credit.

Good luck!
Old Apr 11, 2003, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Thanks a lot for you nice answer, your explanation, and your advice concerning cheaper flights.

I will wait up to my stay in GUA to by my ticket then.

I'll make a search in the forum yoy indicate, I just made a search here without success.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 11:39 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Glad to help!!

I didn't directly answer about finding availability on flights into Flores because I don't know how full the flights are in general, but my impression is that it should not be hard to find seats, especially with other flights in addition to TACA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.