FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   New Citi TYP to AV Transfer Bonus (20%?) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/2113543-new-citi-typ-av-transfer-bonus-20-a.html)

shootaaa Mar 1, 2023 10:06 am

New Citi TYP to AV Transfer Bonus (20%?)

Received email from lifemiles annoucing the tranfer bonus listed below. Although it is good to have this promotion, I think in the past the promo is usually 25% bonus when transferring from Citi. Not sure if this is just one time change or permanent. Or maybe it is targeted? Anyone receive a higher bonus?

Promo email:
This Promotion is valid only for point transfers from Citi Thank You Points to miles of the LifeMiles program from March 1st, 2023 (12:00 AM GMT-5) to March 31st, 2023 (11:59 PM GMT-4). A minimum transfer of 1000 points is required. ThankYou members must be previously registered as a LifeMiles member in order to participate in this promotion. Sign up as a new member at LifeMiles.com. During the offer, the member will receive a 20% bonus over the miles accrued on the memberīs account as a product of the transfer. The bonus miles and the transferred miles may be reflected in the account statement in separate transactions. LifeMiles earned by transferring and the bonus Miles earned with this promotion apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status according to the rules of the Elite program available at LifeMiles.com. Transferred LifeMiles as well as the bonus miles will be accrued no later than 24 hours after the LifeMiles Partner reports the request of miles transfer. LifeMiles is not responsible for miles not accrued, accrued mistakenly or accrued late due to report errors or delays from the LifeMiles Partners. Once points or miles are transferred to LifeMiles, the transaction cannot be reversed.

MissMiles Mar 6, 2023 11:35 am

Seems like the way the bonus will work, is that you'll get the 20% when its already in your LifeMiles account (rather than coming from Citi). So after you transfer 100k citi points, LM will deposit 20k points into your account, so you'll end up with 120k LifeMiles. Is that correct?

shootaaa Mar 6, 2023 11:44 am

Originally Posted by MissMiles (Post 35065873)
Seems like the way the bonus will work, is that you'll get the 20% when its already in your LifeMiles account (rather than coming from Citi). So after you transfer 100k citi points, LM will deposit 20k points into your account, so you'll end up with 120k LifeMiles. Is that correct?

I think you are right. Although it sounds good, I will not make the transfer speculatively especially considering AV's policy on miles expiration. It is hard to find award availabilities right now. I will see if I can find any specific use for it this winter.

dingbo1021 Mar 7, 2023 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by shootaaa (Post 35065903)
I think you are right. Although it sounds good, I will not make the transfer speculatively especially considering AV's policy on miles expiration. It is hard to find award availabilities right now. I will see if I can find any specific use for it this winter.

Yes definitely be more cautious. I transferred yesterday, but not available to use after almost 24 hours now. It shows up in the "activities" tab but not usable. I have been crossing my fingers and hoping my award flight is not gone by the time I got the miles...

MissMiles Mar 8, 2023 10:42 am

Originally Posted by dingbo1021 (Post 35070226)
Yes definitely be more cautious. I transferred yesterday, but not available to use after almost 24 hours now. It shows up in the "activities" tab but not usable. I have been crossing my fingers and hoping my award flight is not gone by the time I got the miles...

According to some blogs, it seems like the miles show up in your account after 1am local Avianca time on the day of the transfer. I transferred yesterday, immediately saw the transfer of miles in my activity (but account still showed 0), this AM the miles were in my account.

MissMiles Mar 8, 2023 10:45 am

Originally Posted by shootaaa (Post 35065903)

confirmed, that's how it went. I transferred 50k miles from Citi and my Avianca balance showed a transfer in of 60k miles.

dingbo1021 Mar 8, 2023 11:50 am

yes you are right. It shows up in my account slightly after 1am Columbia time. I got my ticket finally...

danukraine Mar 9, 2023 7:27 am

Originally Posted by dingbo1021 (Post 35071595)
yes you are right. It shows up in my account slightly after 1am Columbia time. I got my ticket finally...

Same thing happened to me - miles (transferred amount plus 20% bonus) were posted to LifeMiles account at 1:15am Colombia time (same time as EST). The transfer was done at 10:24pm the day prior.

happyvoid Mar 10, 2023 1:32 am

so can we book for others with avianca miles? any issues?

shootaaa Mar 10, 2023 7:10 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid (Post 35075995)
so can we book for others with avianca miles? any issues?

I can be wrong but I dont think AV has restrictions on this.

N Rustovsky Mar 19, 2023 7:41 am

I transferred points on Friday at 7 pm and can see them under account, but it is still showing me 0 miles and I am unable to book. Would this be since it is over the weekend? Did anyone else have this issue?

clyk Mar 22, 2023 1:18 pm

Were you able to get the miles? I'm experiencing the same issue.

ohh Jun 7, 2023 12:43 am

Now 25%. Got mine instantly

MSerforfun Jun 8, 2023 8:45 am

What's the maximum one can transfer from Citi Thankyou to Avianca?

JeffinJ Jun 17, 2023 1:59 am

No cap, just a min 1000 point redemption