AV fare classes for UA status credit

Old Jan 24, 23, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA PS; AA PPro; Marriott Titanium; IHG Diamond
AV fare classes for UA status credit

I am looking to book a flight on Avianca & credit to MP. From what I can tell, UA has this fare chart for Avianca. However, Avianca seems to have switched to a "simple" system with only XS, S, M, L, XL, and XXL fares. I don't see any way to correlate these fares to the UA chart without issues (e.g., L seems like a cheaper fare on the UA chart than M, which does not seem to be the case in Avianca world). Any *A veterans willing to help? I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer.
Old Jan 24, 23, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by dadgummit View Post
I am looking to book a flight on Avianca & credit to MP. From what I can tell, UA has this fare chart for Avianca. However, Avianca seems to have switched to a "simple" system with only XS, S, M, L, XL, and XXL fares. I don't see any way to correlate these fares to the UA chart without issues (e.g., L seems like a cheaper fare on the UA chart than M, which does not seem to be the case in Avianca world). Any *A veterans willing to help? I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer.
Can you find the routing via ITA Matrix? There are still the underlying fare classes, they just aren't visible to you. For example, randomly picking some parameters, I can find Avianca booking into S, Z, P, E, V, Q, L, M, etc...
Old Jan 24, 23, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angetenar View Post
Can you find the routing via ITA Matrix? There are still the underlying fare classes, they just aren't visible to you. For example, randomly picking some parameters, I can find Avianca booking into S, Z, P, E, V, Q, L, M, etc...
Thank you... I'm a total newb and had never tried using ITA Matrix. I've just used Google flights. I'm going to have hours of fun with this tool. I am having trouble finding the flight I wanted from Avianca's website (GRU - UIO w/ a layover in BOG on 3/18; 1:40am - 9am in Avianca's "L" class), but I am sure that after learning this tool I'll be able to. Thanks!!!
Old Jan 24, 23, 8:14 pm

Thank you... I'm a total newb and had never tried using ITA Matrix. I've just used Google flights. I'm going to have hours of fun with this tool. I am having trouble finding the flight I wanted from Avianca's website (GRU - UIO w/ a layover in BOG on 3/18; 1:40am - 9am in Avianca's "L" class), but I am sure that after learning this tool I'll be able to. Thanks!!!
With a 1h 45m layover in Bogota? I'm seeing that it's booking into P.However, if this is a round trip, it may book differently; some fare rules specify one way and some don't and I haven't read the details on this one. Full details in the spoiler.
Spoiler

Old Jan 24, 23, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angetenar View Post
With a 1h 45m layover in Bogota? I'm seeing that it's booking into P.However, if this is a round trip, it may book differently; some fare rules specify one way and some don't and I haven't read the details on this one. Full details in the spoiler.
Spoiler

Thanks so much for your generous help. I think you looked at April 18 instead of March 18. This is a one-way trip.
Old Jan 25, 23, 6:40 am

Thanks so much for your generous help. I think you looked at April 18 instead of March 18. This is a one-way trip.
My bad. Fare class S.
Spoiler

Search this Thread