Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles for premium fare out of Toronto (YYZ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles for premium fare out of Toronto (YYZ)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Question Lifemiles for premium fare out of Toronto (YYZ)

Hi All,

I am a newbie in the world of Premium Deals and Points Award. I was recently informed about the Lifemiles 145% bonus redemption offer going on and logged in to find ANY good deal for departure out of Toronto.
Upon searching (with my limited capability), i couldn't find a single decent deal to use for premium class anywhere in Europe or beyond. I know a lot of sites advertise good deals for lifemiles from US, but does anyone has experience with using Lifemiles out of Canadian East Coast (preferably Toronto)?

P.S. - this is my first post so if I missed adding any information - do let me know and I will do it pronto.

Cheers,
Maxx
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
When are you looking to go?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbgmiles
When are you looking to go?
anytime in Sept or October
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by maxx_
Hi All,

I am a newbie in the world of Premium Deals and Points Award. I was recently informed about the Lifemiles 145% bonus redemption offer going on and logged in to find ANY good deal for departure out of Toronto.
Upon searching (with my limited capability), i couldn't find a single decent deal to use for premium class anywhere in Europe or beyond. I know a lot of sites advertise good deals for lifemiles from US, but does anyone has experience with using Lifemiles out of Canadian East Coast (preferably Toronto)?

P.S. - this is my first post so if I missed adding any information - do let me know and I will do it pronto.

Cheers,
Maxx
Aeroplan is the better option if you live in Canada. For lack of a better term, Lifemiles isn't for amateurs. For international flights no loyalty program is going to address the issue of YYZ and the status of 40th busiest airport in the world. You need to get to a big airport and then fly internationally. The better options are Chicago, New York and Washington, DC.

The options are few and far between for award travel now. The airlines don't really need more people flying right now, let alone award travel.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Aug 15, 2022 at 6:08 pm
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:28 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Aeroplan is the better option if you live in Canada. For lack of a better term, Lifemiles isn't for amateurs. For international flights no loyalty program is going to address the issue of YYZ and the status of 40th busiest airport in the world. You need to get to a big airport and then fly internationally. The better options are Chicago, New York and Washington, DC.

The options are few and far between for award travel now. The airlines don't really need more people flying right now, let alone award travel.
This is exactly right. If you are new to award flights, Lifemiles should be one of your last options - if your redemption is something other than the plainest vanilla award, you’re liable to either get burned or spend a ton of time trying to deal with essentially non-existent customer service. I agree you should focus on Aeroplan or United
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot guys. I am already a Aeroplan user, though I would say I am amateur at it at best.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by maxx_
Thanks a lot guys. I am already a Aeroplan user, though I would say I am amateur at it at best.
I would say wait and see as I am seeing the same issue. Used to see plenty of options last year for LH and TK and now it’s just crickets. Nothing going out of YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.