Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Baggage check through on two separate ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold

I booked a flight from BOG to MEX last week. I have decided, after thorough planning, to depart from MDE instead earlier that day. Thinking to purchase another ticket from MDE-BOG. Would AV agent at MDE willing to check through my baggage all the way to BOG on another leg with AV as well?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by tobiashenry
I booked a flight from BOG to MEX last week. I have decided, after thorough planning, to depart from MDE instead earlier that day. Thinking to purchase another ticket from MDE-BOG. Would AV agent at MDE willing to check through my baggage all the way to BOG on another leg with AV as well?
I have been denied checking through two separate same airline tickets on both Copa and Avianca. On both occasions, one of the two flights was a mileage award. The short answer is yes they probably will , depending on the agent. Definitely leave time in case you get an agent having a bad day.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
Timely question for our situation as well. Family is flying LHR-BOG. We were originally thinking of taking a car to Ibague but are now considering flying. What are the chances they'll check through the bags from LHR to IBE on separate cash tickets?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: Lifemiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by psychopompos
Timely question for our situation as well. Family is flying LHR-BOG. We were originally thinking of taking a car to Ibague but are now considering flying. What are the chances they'll check through the bags from LHR to IBE on separate cash tickets?
If its in the same airline (both flights are OPERATED by AV), then yes, you simply have to ask them to check your bags all the way to IBE.

However, because of BOG customs, you may be required to get your bags and get them inspected thru whoever customs agent, requiring to re-check them again at BOG.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Does everyone have to pick up checked baggage in BOG, get it through customs and drop it off at counter?. I think I've done international to domestic connections at BOG and really don't remember if I've had to (or not had to) do that. Yeah, if it's just a matter of putting an IBE tag on the bag at LHR then I guess it doesn't really save anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.