Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on CTG-NYC options in business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Etheereal
Doesnt seem they're serving alcohol, and the seat seems to be a game of dice, since some planes are shown to have middle seat blocked (if you get a refurbrished one, you're SoL).
I have to think that the "middle seat blocked" configuration is the new Avianca Premium on the 320. I don't think they have any aircraft with regular economy all the way in front? I suppose it remains to be seen how comfortable the Premium seat is, in terms of pitch/legroom, seat depth, and recline.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Lifemiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I have to think that the "middle seat blocked" configuration is the new Avianca Premium on the 320. I don't think they have any aircraft with regular economy all the way in front? I suppose it remains to be seen how comfortable the Premium seat is, in terms of pitch/legroom, seat depth, and recline.
There's an actual middle seat blocked in the video i posted, look at the 2:46 timestamp.

According to AV news, some of the 320s already have the "new" seats for the first 3 "premium" rows.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Etheereal
There's an actual middle seat blocked in the video i posted, look at the 2:46 timestamp.

According to AV news, some of the 320s already have the "new" seats for the first 3 "premium" rows.
Ah, okay, that must be a domestic/short-haul configuration, although of course SeatGuru doesn't show it. I would hope those don't show up on 5-hour international flights, especially if one purchased a business class ticket. :shrug: That said, the AV CoC is pretty loose and doesn't guarantee anything, usually an airline's CoC will note a refund for a downgrade. Between this and the fact that AV's website doesn't even have a page describing the business class offering, I think this is a no-go...
6.2. THE CARRIER has a diverse fleet of aircraft, event those of the same brand and model may have differences in seats, space between seats, comfort elements and in-flight service, space for carry-on baggage, curtains, among others. Therefore, THE CARRIER does not guarantee any standard of service or cabin class within the Aircraft and the Passenger accepts this characteristic of THE CARRIER’S aircraft and therefore the difference it may represent in service.
ETA - just saw your other post about the discontinuation of business in the Americas. My trip is before 10/1, but seems there could still be a decent chance of getting an unknown seat.

Last edited by ijgordon; Jun 2, 2022 at 8:13 am
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: Lifemiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Ah, okay, that must be a domestic/short-haul configuration, although of course SeatGuru doesn't show it. I would hope those don't show up on 5-hour international flights, especially if one purchased a business class ticket. :shrug: That said, the AV CoC is pretty loose and doesn't guarantee anything, usually an airline's CoC will note a refund for a downgrade. Between this and the fact that AV's website doesn't even have a page describing the business class offering, I think this is a no-go...

ETA - just saw your other post about the discontinuation of business in the Americas. My trip is before 10/1, but seems there could still be a decent chance of getting an unknown seat.
Sadly, AV can sometimes guarantee that you're on the flight and that you'll be taken to your destination at some point.

Depending on when you booked and when your flight is, due the downgrades you may be better calling AV and see what they offer you as compensation or the like, but dont get your hopes up.

Edit: Yes, there's a chance, so you need to have your eyes peeled, its not entirely known when your exact plane will go thru the refurbishing step.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.