Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

How do I manage Turkish Airlines flight booked via LifeMiles?

Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:56 am
Original Poster

I booked a business class one-way trip on Turkish using LifeMiles. How do I manage my booking (specifically seat selection)? The confirmation code from LifeMiles doesn’t work on Turkish, and on Avianca’s site it pulls up my reservation but doesn’t allow me to select seats.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:51 pm

Try the TK app using the TK pnr
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:12 pm

I had to call or whatsapp Lifemiles to get Turkish reservation code.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try with ticket No. or TK PNR on the TK webpage or app. LM /Amadeus PNR will not work.
This issue has been covered in several recent threads in the TK forum.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:35 pm

How do you check in online with a TA reservation made with Lifemiles? Will the TA app allow it?
Old May 18, 2022, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, if you have the TK PNR No, which is different from the AV/LM PNR you have received

(please don't use TA as apprevation for Turkish Airlines as TA means "travel agent")
Old May 18, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Lifetime Plat, AV Diamond
Strange - I was able to select seats on my TK BOG->IST flight I booked with LM via manage booking on avianca.com but seems like they removed that feature in the latest update

Originally Posted by eh23
I booked a business class one-way trip on Turkish using LifeMiles. How do I manage my booking (specifically seat selection)? The confirmation code from LifeMiles doesn’t work on Turkish, and on Avianca’s site it pulls up my reservation but doesn’t allow me to select seats.
Old May 25, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by gimmedub
Strange - I was able to select seats on my TK BOG->IST flight I booked with LM via manage booking on avianca.com but seems like they removed that feature in the latest update
TK website still broken with regards to partner issued award ticket PNRs. I have had the same issue with my TK flight booked with UA miles. Unlike LM, UA issues separate PNRs for each airline involved in the booking. I tried the TK PNR many times without luck. I finally decided to try their mobile app (Android) and it worked like a charm. You do need to have the ticket numbers though.
Old May 28, 2022, 2:16 am

I my case, both the website and the App did not work to manage booking (webpage had problems with both the reservation number and the ticket number and App had problems with the ticket number) and I had to call 1-800-874-8875 to get in touch with the agent to get the business class seats assigned. Waiting time to talk to the agent was under 5 minutes.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by peterrudy
I my case, both the website and the App did not work to manage booking (webpage had problems with both the reservation number and the ticket number and App had problems with the ticket number) and I had to call 1-800-874-8875 to get in touch with the agent to get the business class seats assigned. Waiting time to talk to the agent was under 5 minutes.
If there are two or more passengers on the PNR you need to enter the ticket number and surname for each of them by using the "Add Passenger" button.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Don't do what I did.

Don't phone LM. 40 mins on the phone and the agent and their colleagues couldn't find the TK PNR.
Instead, just log in to checkmytrip.com. Input AV PNR. It brings up full details, including TK PNR.

Don't try looking it up on Turkish web site. It's as useless as LM agents and won't allow the booking to even be viewed. (You can use it to create a dummy booking to see the seat maps though.)
This reservation cannot be viewed due to the sales channel in which it was formed.
You can apply to the channel where you have made your reservation to make a transaction.
Instead, just phone Turkish and ask them for the seats you want. (Under one tenth the time of my worthless LM call.)
ttapps likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:34 pm

Sorry for reviving old thread.

I added my EWR-IST-ZAG AV PNR in checkmytrip dot com and it shows origin as JER instead EWR.

Also, I could not look up the reservation with either AV or TK PNR on TK website. So following this thread, I tried to access it via TK app and it let me see it. I had to add both passenger etkt numbers every time I made a seat selection. (I had selected seats when booking thru LM but tried it anyway).

So it seems that the etkt has been issued by LM and received by TK.

Now I am only worried about the wrong origin airport on checkmytrip. Any idea why it might be wrong airport?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pnimith
Now I am only worried about the wrong origin airport on checkmytrip. Any idea why it might be wrong airport?
If the flight No. and departure and arrival times are correct, I wouldn't worry about it. Just an IT glitch.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:36 pm

Yes, it shows correct flight #, dep and arr times.

I does show wrong flight duration, 14:55 instead 9:55. 15 hours for a flight from Jersey to IST seems pretty slow LOL.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated!
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:41 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Experiencing the same issue others have reported regarding accessing the reservation with TK that was booked thru Avianca.

Called TK and they told me they can't access the reservation because the e-ticket number does not start with 235. Tried feeding in my 134xxxx eticket number into the TK app and got an error message indicating that due to the sales channel it was booked it cannot be viewed/accessed.

Called Avianca customer service and surprisingly was able to get and they supplied me with the TK PNR and was able to access it on the app.

Wish more airlines would start supplying partner PNRs in the manage booking section.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.