Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)
- no availability showing at all on the website (try logging out and logging back in)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

You need to have 40% of the miles in your account for them to make the booking. On some occasions, credit card points do not transfer over immediately. In such cases also send screenshots of the points being debited from your credit card. In some cases the LM account will immediately show the points transferred in the account activity section. Send a screenshot of that as well.

After a day or two, you will get a reply via email saying the matter has been escalated to an internal area. The next day someone will call you from 305 447 2819 and will process the payment over the phone. You will need to set a PIN which you can do in your online LM account (under the account access section of your online profile).

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected] (invalid as of July 2022)
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
========

Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK, LH
from EU, what are the routes available for Business or First booking?
I can see NH, LH Biz, First), TK (biz), LOT (biz) and some AI available. are any asian or North American airlines available in Biz and first?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
LM is an AV program so it's limited to star alliance and hence the only North American options are UA and AC, both of which fly biz TATL.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
@ bittihuduga: I have seen TAP available out of ORD and BOS i think.
BCNforever likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

thanks both. will add UA, AC, TP into list. i couldn't find UA actually. will try hard looking
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
(To clarify I never meant to imply that UA & AC are the only airlines in the program that fly EU to North America - I took "North American" to mean based in NA.)
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:12 pm

Ugh, I am frustrated. Wanted to give LM a shot and just coming up empty. Website errors out on a basic Air Canada one-way (which for some reason LM says has a technical stop, weird). 6 days to get a response from the email address ("please keep waiting") - of course award space is long gone. Looking at other basic in-Europe shorthaul Lufthansa flying and just coming up with no availability at all where United, AC, etc all show.

I'm so disappointed
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:59 pm

I burned 400k miles in last two months. Lufthansa is really keen on releasing F just one/two days before departure. I fly SFO - FRA and FRA - LAX.
HistoricalFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa
....Lufthansa..... F ....
One day I will do that. Well done

Edit: but I did similar with QF points a few years ago and used an extraordinary amount of points doing Emirates in F. From recollection (hazy due to the Dom and some mid-travel changes) involved Spain, USA, DXB, and Australia. About 8 glorious long-haul segments on EK in F on the A380. I do love an airborne bar and shower And also an "amenities kit" that is actually a medium size bag. Because I am over-tall, even most J lie-flat experiences are still painful. Yet on those EK F trips I learnt to actually look forward to a flight. And the huge F lounge in DXB to this day makes me yearn for their prawns - and I am an expert there.
But I still challenge anyone on finding a more comfy bed than on the QF F A380's. They were too good - you slept so well you missed most of the F experience.
If Lufthansa can match the sheer comfort of QF F A380, or the pizazz and fun of Emirates A380's F, then I will be amazed.
One day....
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by juddles
But I still challenge anyone on finding a more comfy bed than on the QF F A380's.
Easy. QR F.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Easy. QR F.
mlqsko, have not flown QR F. So assuming you have flown QF F also, I cannot disagree I just really loved the QF bed. Maybe because so many other stellarproducts do not cater to a 6'7" frame
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:30 am
pjs

I've been looking at routings to re-book our Kenya trip from 1/2022 switching to 1/2023. When I looked last week, I couldn't see any TK space (how I had originally booked our J return from NBO-IST-ATL), but I was seeing all sorts of LH J ATL-FRA-NBO (and return) and even F space JFK-FRA on some days. I emailed them to try and book the F space (as it of course errored out) but I didn't realize I needed the screen shots so when they finally replied 3 days later and asked me for the screen shots, the space was gone. Now there seems to be no LH J space and still no TK space at all. Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing or has LM pissed off these airlines to the point where they are limiting availability?

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:31 am

Anyone having issues with fees?

Trying to book a mixed cabin route from US to Scotland for next month - already transferred the points into my account because the fees were previously low <$50) but now trying to go through the booking it's showing $600 for two tickets which it didn't have prior to transferring my points in?? Everywhere I look it says Lifemiles is the way to go specifically because if their low fees/they don't usually pass on fuel surcharges, etc. - am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

just an observation, I was looking to book DUB-FRA-BLR in Business using LM on LH for march/april - 3 seats.
there was no availability for any of my dates.
LH had companion sale going on for the last few weeks. it got over last night.
today i checked on LM for my dates, ola now the seats are available.
its just my guess that LH may have blocked or not released business class seats for partner airline awards during their sale.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by iceice074
Trying to book a mixed cabin route from US to Scotland for next month - already transferred the points into my account because the fees were previously low <$50) but now trying to go through the booking it's showing $600 for two tickets which it didn't have prior to transferring my points in?? Everywhere I look it says Lifemiles is the way to go specifically because if their low fees/they don't usually pass on fuel surcharges, etc. - am I doing something wrong?
Iceice, this may be completely wrong and irrelevant - sorry if it is so. But just in case this is the problem, the LM system, during the booking process, actively encourages you to a "points plus pay" thing. So after you select the rewards flights, and start to negotiate their booking flow, they actively give you the "points plus pay" thing. I think this is always triggered if you do not have sufficient points in the account you are enquiring from to cover the full ticket. Is this what you are getting? A slider where you choose the proportion of points versus cash? $600 is extraordinary for a LM awards fare, unless you are splitting points and cash. Are you sure that the points you transferred are being recognized?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:16 am

Book 1 segment and call in for the other?

Quick Question: I have a simple flight BOM to SFO with 1 connection in IST on TK where both segments are showing availability in biz but just not together. I was curious if I purchase the longer leg [IST - SFO], can I call in and ask them to add the shorter leg [BOM-IST] as part of the same itinerary? This will be done within 24 hours to avoid the change fee of course. Has anyone tried this or recollect such an experiment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.