Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)
- no availability showing at all on the website (try logging out and logging back in)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

You need to have 40% of the miles in your account for them to make the booking. On some occasions, credit card points do not transfer over immediately. In such cases also send screenshots of the points being debited from your credit card. In some cases the LM account will immediately show the points transferred in the account activity section. Send a screenshot of that as well.

After a day or two, you will get a reply via email saying the matter has been escalated to an internal area. The next day someone will call you from 305 447 2819 and will process the payment over the phone. You will need to set a PIN which you can do in your online LM account (under the account access section of your online profile).

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected] (invalid as of July 2022)
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
========

Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:15 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by markandrew
Domestic stand alone inventory has not shown in ten months here. International has but eroded out after selecting pax.. I am now able to get past selecting the pax. I have not issued a ticket but am certainly further in the process than ever since July 2021.
Interesting. I've only been looking at INTL flights so maybe that's why I've seen no change.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by markandrew
Domestic stand alone inventory has not shown in ten months here. International has but eroded out after selecting pax.. I am now able to get past selecting the pax. I have not issued a ticket but am certainly further in the process than ever since July 2021.
So what's the current word...website booking for US-CAN AC flights are still impossible with Lifemiles?
And domestic CAN travel is not even showing up right?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Give it 24 hrs. Should come back
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
And at most 72 hours… if the airline has a really generous ‘hold’ policy.
Thank you! One of the flights indeed came back after 72 hours or so. The other flight did not appear to come back, although I can't seem to find that particular routing available on other previously available dates either, so it may be due to a different issue.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:29 pm

How long does the support email normally take to reply? It's been 6 days
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by lramos15
How long does the support email normally take to reply? It's been 6 days
24 to 48. I'd email again.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:40 pm

Following up on my earlier post, I received an error message at the final step of booking, but my credit card has been charged, my LifeMiles have been deducted, and I received an email from LifeMiles stating that I redeemed miles. The ticket is also showing as "confirmed" on the partner website (EVA), which further shows my ticket number and allowed me to select seats.

I know I'm being a little paranoid, and that the wiki says I should be fine, but is there any reason for me to worry at this point that the booking did not go through properly for some reason? Besides getting that error screen, I'm a little nervous about not receiving an actual eticket from anyone.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by KE81
Following up on my earlier post, I received an error message at the final step of booking, but my credit card has been charged, my LifeMiles have been deducted, and I received an email from LifeMiles stating that I redeemed miles. The ticket is also showing as "confirmed" on the partner website (EVA), which further shows my ticket number and allowed me to select seats.

I know I'm being a little paranoid, and that the wiki says I should be fine, but is there any reason for me to worry at this point that the booking did not go through properly for some reason? Besides getting that error screen, I'm a little nervous about not receiving an actual eticket from anyone.
As long as you have an e-ticket number you’re good to go. You can check this by calling the airline direct if need be, asking them to retrieve your booking, and specifically asking ‘do you have a ticket number against this booking?’

Im not familiar with EVA’s manage booking functions, but if the e-ticket is in there then you can skip the above
KE81 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:28 pm

I went through the same thing as you did when I looked my LAX-ICN redemption.

To assuage my concerns, I downloaded the check my trip app which is powered by Amadeus and the trip showed up there along with an Asiana Airlines PNR. I used that PNR to locate my flight on the Asiana Airlines website and printed the confirmation.
KE81 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:36 am

There was a change to my Lifemiles booking by the operating carrier (Turkish). I have been trying to reach the operations department to help me confirm the new flight. However, when I go through the phone tree, the call disconnects after the "Do you want to take a survey question" before I can reach that department. If I'm transfered there from the Lifemiles booking department, either the call disconnects or if I do reach someone they cannot hear me . The operating carrier has already put me on a new flight, I just need it confirmed.

Any advice?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by danpeake
There was a change to my Lifemiles booking by the operating carrier (Turkish). I have been trying to reach the operations department to help me confirm the new flight. However, when I go through the phone tree, the call disconnects after the "Do you want to take a survey question" before I can reach that department. If I'm transfered there from the Lifemiles booking department, either the call disconnects or if I do reach someone they cannot hear me . The operating carrier has already put me on a new flight, I just need it confirmed.

Any advice?
It has been a long time but for some schedule changes I seem to recall I was able to confirm them on avianca.com under Manage Booking. Have you tried that?
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Or send an email to their support address. They’re usually pretty good at responding there.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:01 pm
21A

Originally Posted by mrkymark
So what's the current word...website booking for US-CAN AC flights are still impossible with Lifemiles?
And domestic CAN travel is not even showing up right?
I'm also getting the E2.1 error on the payment screen for US-CA AC awards. Tried various of the workarounds above (completing emergency contact in profile, etc) to no avail.

Called in, representative couldn't book it either and didn't seem to have any overrides or clever ideas (said something along the lines of "it shows available in one of the systems, but it's not actually available when we go to book"). Emailed the support addresses with screenshots and didn't hear anything back. So yeah, seems darn near impossible.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
It has been a long time but for some schedule changes I seem to recall I was able to confirm them on avianca.com under Manage Booking. Have you tried that?
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Or send an email to their support address. They’re usually pretty good at responding there.
I was finally able to get through - they must have fixed their phone system.

The overall problem is that one of my flights (operated by TK) was cancelled. When I pull up the flight on TK's website, it notes the schedule change and they've moved me to a later flight.

However, TK won't reissue the ticket (they say I have to go through Lifemiles). When I call Lifemiles, the agent says "Oh your original flight was cancelled and I don't see any availability on another flight." When I tell them that TK has already opened space and rebooked me, they don't seem to get it/are not helpful.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by danpeake

Any advice?
The trip starts at the airport at the counter of the initial airline. Once you are checked in the issues are out of the hands of LifeMiles / Avianca. In the days of US Airways I would visit the airport a few days prior to departure and have the airline print off a copy of the paper ticket. The airline cannot print a copy of the ticket if the ticket isn't correct. Visit during a slow period and the staff could be of assistance. Check in 24 hours prior to departure. The local airport was 20 gates and the staff were familiar with my award travel and so were accommodating. Ultimately if the ticket isn't correct you cannot board the aircraft. Do not wait until 1 hour prior to the flight to work out the issue. If the ticket cannot be fixed the best option could be to cancel the ticket. Do not hesitate to email requesting the reissue of the ticket. More often than not the ticket is reissues without issue; albeit, a matter of days or weeks.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges

Same situation. The flights are all on United and United is happy with the end result.

United does have an "email receipt" option under "My Trips", for reference. The resulting "eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation" includes the ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.