Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)

Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)
- no availability showing at all on the website (try logging out and logging back in)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

You need to have 40% of the miles in your account for them to make the booking. On some occasions, credit card points do not transfer over immediately. In such cases also send screenshots of the points being debited from your credit card. In some cases the LM account will immediately show the points transferred in the account activity section. Send a screenshot of that as well.

After a day or two, you will get a reply via email saying the matter has been escalated to an internal area. The next day someone will call you from 305 447 2819 and will process the payment over the phone. You will need to set a PIN which you can do in your online LM account (under the account access section of your online profile).

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected] (invalid as of July 2022)
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
========

Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)

Old May 1, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
I totally agree with @LHR/MEL/Europe FF - if you still want to buy/transfer miles to a *A airline, at the moment Air Canada would be my recommendation. However it all depends on where / how you earn your miles.

As one which has benefited from the hey-day of "buy miles - travel business / first class for the price of economy" - well that party is well and truly over. RIP US Airways and LifeMiles in the good old days of "trick it".
Old May 2, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: Previously UA 1K, Delta Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First, AA Gold
Originally Posted by pjs
If I log out and log back in each time I go to the site, I am able to see Europe-US econ or biz (or F within 14 days) availability on LH, econ or biz on UA as well, depending on route. Search using Star Alliance not Smartsearch.
Thank you for this, I was not seeing any availability at all on the LM website, but logging out and back in fixed it!
pjs and pschafer like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
For those interested, LM currently has a 15% bonus for transferring miles from Amex to AV.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:43 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by oreozp
Thank you for this, I was not seeing any availability at all on the LM website, but logging out and back in fixed it!
last week could see some June/July 2022 SQ and AI SIN/BOM/SIN flights in economy but last few days, nothing at all shows up as available. Engine problems, or have SQ/AI pulled inventory from Avianca?
Old May 3, 2022, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
last week could see some June/July 2022 SQ and AI SIN/BOM/SIN flights in economy but last few days, nothing at all shows up as available. Engine problems, or have SQ/AI pulled inventory from Avianca?
Have you checked other routes?
Old May 4, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Have you checked other routes?
Yes JFK-SIN also shows no availability for any dates, in any class. May be my browser issues, but seems more like a Lifemiles issue
Old May 4, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: UA, AS
I see SQ economy availability in June SIN-BOM when selecting Singapore Airlines as the carrier in the LifeMiles search box.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Lifemiles' inability to confirm space now seems to have spread to TAP. Everything errors out. Wasted thankfully only five minutes of my life to try calling them to be told there is no space. Tried to correct the record that there is I space, not sure the agent understood. Currently LM is a way to barter last minute LH tickets and nothing more, thankfully LH availability is current fairly generous.
Old May 6, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Update on AC- it still won't play nice. YVR-YEG in early July shows options available on AwardNexus (searching through NH so I'm looking at partner availability and not AC's own) but only "more options" will appear when trying to book on LM.
Old May 6, 2022, 11:35 am

I've been looking at an LH itinerary in business class and in the last couple days all the inventory seems to have disappeared. I can't see it on United's website either so I think it's the operating airline that pulled it. Can you check another airline website to see if the reduced availability matches?
Old May 6, 2022, 12:47 pm

Possible change needed to the wiki: I just got an invalid email response from [email protected]
Old May 6, 2022, 3:43 pm

Iím seeing EVA business class availability ORD-SIN in January. Of course transit at TPE is currently a no go so book at your own risk.
Old May 7, 2022, 9:01 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oreozp
Possible change needed to the wiki: I just got an invalid email response from [email protected]
Same here. Auto reply from an Office 365 account that claimed the account was not setup to accept my email.

Problem with Air Canada persists. Unfortunately I found out after I transfered my MR over... luckily it was only 12k... hopefully someone at AV is able to book it from my email. HUCA didn't work for this one. Reps could see it, but couldn't book (definitely not phantom as CowTool and United both see seats).

Last edited by Fly2Connect; May 7, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Old May 8, 2022, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
TG premium availability into and out of Australia is either non-existent or patchy (I didn’t check every date to confirm it’s truly non-existent). Aeroplan and United are showing plenty of biz and eco seats out of MEL and SYD to BKK and vv… LM has zero in J. (Y is ok and matches.)
Old May 8, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
TG premium availability into and out of Australia is either non-existent or patchy (I didnít check every date to confirm itís truly non-existent).
As I posted in Feb, TG premium availability is zero on all routes that I've looked at. (Including intra-Asia.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.