Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Change to a booking with surprising outcome

Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Hi,
contacted LM yesterday to see if I can change a miles ticket on LH to an earlier date (as their Covid rules posted seem to be for paid tickets)
They said they could do it at no cost. I asked about a different routing (same Airline and Start/End but more convenient times for me) and they said asked supervisor cant do as I already spend a lot of time I just moved it to an earlier date.
soon afterward I got the eticket via email.
today I discover that both bookings seem to be active/confirmed as if he just booked another ticket and forgot to cancel the original one.
is that how LM usually works? Will the original booking eventually be cancelled or is the system so bad that I got a free ticket?
Old Mar 19, 2021, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,
contacted LM yesterday to see if I can change a miles ticket on LH to an earlier date (as their Covid rules posted seem to be for paid tickets)
They said they could do it at no cost. I asked about a different routing (same Airline and Start/End but more convenient times for me) and they said asked supervisor cant do as I already spend a lot of time I just moved it to an earlier date.
soon afterward I got the eticket via email.
today I discover that both bookings seem to be active/confirmed as if he just booked another ticket and forgot to cancel the original one.
is that how LM usually works? Will the original booking eventually be cancelled or is the system so bad that I got a free ticket?
Your older booking may show as confirmed but without an eticket.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Your older booking may show as confirmed but without an eticket.
just checked on LH.com and both bookings have an e-ticket number .... oh well lets wait and see

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.