Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa ticket with Lifemiles cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Hi

My Lufthansa and Air India ticket with Lifemiles was cancelled today. Lufthansa has put me in a hotel but when I called the customer support line to ask for a rebooking I was told that they cannot put me on another flight. This is because the ticket stock is on "Thakar Airlines" is what they said, which I have never heard of. Do I call Aviance to rebook me on a flight or Lufthansa? Surely its Lufthansas job to get me on another flight to my destination?
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You have encountered a common problem when traveling on award tickets with other carriers than the issuing airline; the carrier (LH) will refer you to contact the issuer of the ticket (Avianca/LM) for rebooking. The carrier will say that it can't touch award tickets of other airlines. It happens all the time. The problem is that if you contact LM for rebooking LM will only be able to rebook you if award seats are available; whereas LH can rebook you on any flight. In addition it has been reported many times in this forum that LM is really not easy to deal with in situations like this, so it will be very much uphill to get LM to rebook you.

Was your LH flight cancelled on the day of travel (i.e. true IRROPS) or in advance? In a IRROPS situation the ground staff at the airport should be able to rebook you; LH call center agents can't do it. If speaking to LH staff at the airport you should insist that LH takes care of this by rebooking and reissuing the ticket if needed.
Often1 likes this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 3, 2021 at 12:41 pm
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If the day of travel, it is the responsibility of the carrier causing the delay. Otherwise, the issuing carrier.

You have cross-posted and the answer remains as SK AAR provides here as it does elsewhere.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, the OP also posted in the LH forum - I just saw that.

Last edited by Moderator2; Feb 4, 2021 at 4:43 pm Reason: Handled by moderator
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
As alluded to by other members, this was cross-posted in the M&M forum. Flyertalk rules prohibit multiple post placements.

Please follow the subject here: Lufthansa award ticket [issued by AV] cancelled, asked to contact TACA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.