Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Ticket refunded months ago - trip still showing on Avianca site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Earlier this year I booked an LAX>LIM RT on Avianca, with travel in January.

About 5 months ago, they rescheduled one of the legs (I believe COVID related).

I contacted Avianca for a refund, and ran into a bit of a headache. It took several weeks, multiple calls and emails, a DOT complaint, a chargeback, and a chargeback appeal - but the money was refunded to me about 8 weeks ago. (American Express had issued me a credit while the chargeback was reinvestigated, and once Avianca refunded me AmEx took the statement credit back).

Tonight I got an email from Avianca advising that the times had been changed slightly on the trip. Since I assumed all was cancelled when I got the refund, I hadn't checked Avianca's site previously - but when I log in and check now, it still shows me as having a confirmed reservation.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Presguy; Dec 6, 2020 at 7:06 pm
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:11 am
Original Poster

A quick followup, in case someone else runs into a similar situation.

I tried calling the US call center at a couple different times, on two different days, and could never get through. After the menus, it would just disconnect in a few seconds.

I sent a WhatApp chat yesterday before noon, and this morning, about 20 hours later, got a reply.

It's a little hard to say, as the rep I was messaging with was clearly struggling with English, and some of her word choices and tenses made it hard to understand what she was referring to.

Essentially, she said even though I had received a refund, the reservation was still "active" - though I couldn't get any more information what what "active" meant. She offered to cancel the ticket (which I'd thought would have been part of the refund I received months ago), and the ticket has now been cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.