Contacting Avianca

Old Sep 25, 20, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Contacting Avianca

Has anyone had trouble contacting Aviance. No get no answer at the Call Center, and trying on line chat was not successful. I was originally number 63 and when I got to number 2 I was disconected. I unhappily have two vouchers that some year I hope to use.
Old Sep 25, 20, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by bkkth View Post
Has anyone had trouble contacting Aviance. No get no answer at the Call Center, and trying on line chat was not successful. I was originally number 63 and when I got to number 2 I was disconected. I unhappily have two vouchers that some year I hope to use.
I always try to call just after their call center opens in Colombia.
Old Sep 26, 20, 5:53 am

Programs: OZ & A3 Gold, AZ Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG & Accor Plat
They have a chat functionality now itís amazing can even change award flights!
Old Oct 6, 20, 10:12 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Bobdh13 View Post
They have a chat functionality now itís amazing can even change award flights!
Thank you for this! I had to change the date of my award ticket but I was on perpetual hold when I called their call center. Thankfully I was able to get everything sorted out via chat!
Bobdh13 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 20, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Thank you for this! I had to change the date of my award ticket but I was on perpetual hold when I called their call center. Thankfully I was able to get everything sorted out via chat!
Are there certain hours for online chat? It says 24 hours, but I'm unable to get the chat to launch properly. I've tried in 3 different browsers with no success. They cancelled the first leg of a return flight from Quito to LAX on December 27 and the only flight available is on December 24. Would that allow me to cancel the entire trip and get a refund? I booked in early April.

Fare basis: TMAB2ITS
Endorsements: /C1-4 REFUND FEE APPLIES/ NO CHANGE
FEE AND PLUS FARE DIFF/NON END -BG AV
Old Oct 10, 20, 11:19 pm

Programs: Chase and American Express
I changed the return leg of an award ticket via chat like weeks ago. Chat is very iffy, gives you a number in the line and then sometimes disconnects and you lose your place. Probably took like 7-8 tries before i was able to connect to someone, very frustrating but they didnt charge any fees for the change and changed it in about 15 mins or so once i got connected to someone.
Old Oct 12, 20, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Gold, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
the chat function was horrendous. Completely incompetent. And I am a native Spanish speaker.
Old Oct 14, 20, 2:10 am

I've tried to to connect to the chat for several days now and nothing ever even loads. Has anyone connected recently? I've turned off my ad blocker, tried in various browsers, different times of the day.
Old Oct 16, 20, 2:05 pm

The chat function is now disabled.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Nov 13, 20, 9:10 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
No response on What's App shows green but after 2 hrs early on Friday AM - safe to assume no response forthcoming.
Old Nov 13, 20, 10:10 am

after all of this painful interaction (or lack of interaction I should say), I don't care if LM has a 500% bonus on mileage purchases. They have frustrated me to no end. It's just not worth dealing with their incompetence anymore. I want to use my last ticket and say goodbye.
Old Nov 13, 20, 1:42 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by RooseveltL View Post
No response on What's App shows green but after 2 hrs early on Friday AM - safe to assume no response forthcoming.
Correction/Update - I started my WA session to get into queue at 7:52AM and received a response from an agent at 1:25pm. So, it is available just far far exceeding the 2-3 hr estimate they give initially.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: