FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   Contacting Avianca (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/2025762-contacting-avianca.html)

bkkth Sep 25, 20 4:32 pm

Contacting Avianca

Has anyone had trouble contacting Aviance. No get no answer at the Call Center, and trying on line chat was not successful. I was originally number 63 and when I got to number 2 I was disconected. I unhappily have two vouchers that some year I hope to use.

Jaimito Cartero Sep 25, 20 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by bkkth (Post 32700817)
Has anyone had trouble contacting Aviance. No get no answer at the Call Center, and trying on line chat was not successful. I was originally number 63 and when I got to number 2 I was disconected. I unhappily have two vouchers that some year I hope to use.

I always try to call just after their call center opens in Colombia.

Bobdh13 Sep 26, 20 5:53 am

They have a chat functionality now itís amazing can even change award flights!

Lutz Oct 6, 20 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Bobdh13 (Post 32701715)
They have a chat functionality now itís amazing can even change award flights!

Thank you for this! I had to change the date of my award ticket but I was on perpetual hold when I called their call center. Thankfully I was able to get everything sorted out via chat!

lileor Oct 9, 20 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lutz (Post 32726690)
Thank you for this! I had to change the date of my award ticket but I was on perpetual hold when I called their call center. Thankfully I was able to get everything sorted out via chat!

Are there certain hours for online chat? It says 24 hours, but I'm unable to get the chat to launch properly. I've tried in 3 different browsers with no success. They cancelled the first leg of a return flight from Quito to LAX on December 27 and the only flight available is on December 24. Would that allow me to cancel the entire trip and get a refund? I booked in early April.

Fare basis: TMAB2ITS
Endorsements: /C1-4 REFUND FEE APPLIES/ NO CHANGE
FEE AND PLUS FARE DIFF/NON END -BG AV

fbcooper Oct 10, 20 11:19 pm

I changed the return leg of an award ticket via chat like weeks ago. Chat is very iffy, gives you a number in the line and then sometimes disconnects and you lose your place. Probably took like 7-8 tries before i was able to connect to someone, very frustrating but they didnt charge any fees for the change and changed it in about 15 mins or so once i got connected to someone.

bostontraveler Oct 12, 20 3:50 pm

the chat function was horrendous. Completely incompetent. And I am a native Spanish speaker.

lileor Oct 14, 20 2:10 am

I've tried to to connect to the chat for several days now and nothing ever even loads. Has anyone connected recently? I've turned off my ad blocker, tried in various browsers, different times of the day.

bostontraveler Oct 16, 20 2:05 pm

The chat function is now disabled.

RooseveltL Nov 13, 20 9:10 am

No response on What's App shows green but after 2 hrs early on Friday AM - safe to assume no response forthcoming.

bostontraveler Nov 13, 20 10:10 am

after all of this painful interaction (or lack of interaction I should say), I don't care if LM has a 500% bonus on mileage purchases. They have frustrated me to no end. It's just not worth dealing with their incompetence anymore. I want to use my last ticket and say goodbye.

RooseveltL Nov 13, 20 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by RooseveltL (Post 32817268)
No response on What's App shows green but after 2 hrs early on Friday AM - safe to assume no response forthcoming.

Correction/Update - I started my WA session to get into queue at 7:52AM and received a response from an agent at 1:25pm. So, it is available just far far exceeding the 2-3 hr estimate they give initially.

avja Dec 7, 20 9:46 am

One more instance of horrendous service from Avianca and Life Miles. Almost impossible to get through. When I finally do, making a change in award flights or cancelling flights is almost impossible. Strongly advise not taking advantage of promotions to buy miles inexpensively.

Droundtheworld Jan 12, 21 7:01 pm

I'm currently waiting on hold to change the date of a ticket. Have been on hold for 3 1/2 hours and still no answer.