Airlines not bookable online

Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Airlines not bookable online

Does anyone have a list of airlines which cause LifeMiles to flip out at the booking screen?

Trying to book BKK-US for next May and it fails on multiple itineraries, the one similarity being Thai on each. Is there a known issue with TG itineraries?

I had the same issue last year with Air Canada. It's the generic error message that says to email them, after inputting passenger names.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

BKK-EWR also fails with Ethiopian (via ADD):

We're sorry! we could not process your request, try again. If the problem persists contact our Call Center (option 3) or send us an email to [email protected]

E2.1 13452533220 09/09/2020 13:23:54
Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, Southwest A-List, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I am having the same problem with United and TAP Portugal business class awards... tried multiple different dates and routings and all end up with the same error message you described after the passenger screen.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:54 am

And the website is in limbo now when I try to login. Both app and website. Seems it happens every couple of days.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Basanez
And the website is in limbo now when I try to login. Both app and website. Seems it happens every couple of days.
Yeah, I couldn't use the website on mobile this morning.

Now any J availability I found has all gone. Still appears under other *A carriers. Can't complain as I have got great value flying in F before with LifeMiles, but not being able to just book an award you see is pretty useless. I will be using the miles I have (if I can) and not using it again.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:04 pm

Im trying to decide on routing but if Im able to book anything in J Ill let you guys know.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: NWA WorldPerks, UA Mileage Plus & CX Marco Polo
I was just thinking the other day that a thread with routes that either can / cannot be booked with LM would be helpful.
I know there is a "post your successful reservations thread" but more along the lines of what people see for various routes and comparing them

Yesterday I was looking for HKG-YVR on AC and noticed that there is not a single seat available for the full schedule. It would be useful to know if that route has never been bookable, etc.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryanjudy
I was just thinking the other day that a thread with routes that either can / cannot be booked with LM would be helpful.
Would be very handy to have all in one place.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

To test whether the site crashes on booking I've gone to the final stage on a couple of them, without booking. Then returning to the homepage.

Each time, upon searching again, availability has vanished. Is this because the seats have been taken out of the inventory after going to the "end" of the booking? If so, any idea how long before they return?

Super frustrating site to use!
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:13 pm

Have you tried emailing them? I sent them an email to see if they even respond to offer any assistance with booking, which I doubt.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Have you tried emailing them? I sent them an email to see if they even respond to offer any assistance with booking, which I doubt.
Yeah, they replied regarding the original booking and said they'd get back to me. Took a week and the seats vanished.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by jeffers
Yeah, they replied regarding the original booking and said they'd get back to me. Took a week and the seats vanished.
Did they indicate it was possible at least? I know for a fact I wont be able to accomplish anything through email but Im curious if they are at least willing. Before covid the call center in both English and Spanish was adamant that they could only book what I could see online and they couldnt build an itinerary.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Did they indicate it was possible at least? I know for a fact I wont be able to accomplish anything through email but Im curious if they are at least willing. Before covid the call center in both English and Spanish was adamant that they could only book what I could see online and they couldnt build an itinerary.
They indicated they can book an itinerary that I could see online...doubtful they will book something that's not visible on LM but didn't ask. Who knows, they are a bit of a sh!tshow frankly.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 9:03 am
Original Poster

I have been searching most of the last day or so for itineraries (including going past the stage of normal website fail)...and they all went through.

Finally, after deciding on one, I pull the trigger and decide to book...BOOM! Error! You couldn't write it
Old Sep 12, 2020, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by jeffers
I have been searching most of the last day or so for itineraries (including going past the stage of normal website fail)...and they all went through.

Finally, after deciding on one, I pull the trigger and decide to book...BOOM! Error! You couldn't write it
Did you try calling? Im curious if theyre only allowing economy bookings at this point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.