Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Turkish Flights

Hello all,
I am experiencing NO Turkish flights on lifemiles since August 20, 2020. There were all kinds of flights prior to August 20, 2020, but none now. Has anyone else experienced it?
Thank you.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:25 pm

Turkish is no longer listed in the pull-down menu
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Does it mean NO more bookings on Turkish?
Thank you.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Did you call LM to book?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

No, I haven't called yet, however I did email them and awaiting response.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Alaska
August 20th is just around 360 days after today, so that’s normal.

give it a few more days.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
They have outright removed TK from the system. Calling won't yield a different result because they can only book what is on the Web site.

For whatever reason, all inventory on TK is blocked. Hope this doesn't impact the booking I already have on TK!
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I hope they bring back TK because I had transferred about 70,000 thankyou points to lifemiles for my next trip.

This makes me nervous.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by James2231
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I hope they bring back TK because I had transferred about 70,000 thankyou points to lifemiles for my next trip.

This makes me nervous.
This is because LF wasn't paying TK for award tickets so TK started cancelling all award reservations made through LM
Old Sep 5, 2020, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Update:

I contacted lifemiles via twitter and facebook. Their response was "lifemiles is aware of NO Turkish flights issue and they working to resolve it and they don't know how long it would take to resolve it".
I hope they will resolve this issue sooner than later.

Last edited by James2231; Sep 5, 2020 at 11:17 pm
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If fly747first's information is even remotely accurate (which isn't too far fetched) then you can wait a long time for TK flights to come back on LM. Even if they do, in the current situation, carriers may cut each other off from each others inventory if payments don't flow and even invalidate tickets issued on another carriers ticket stock.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Si TK search disappearing is one thing and happened occasionally before with others via LM system but for me the cancellation of issued TK tickets is another level. This is evidently a big concern for customers. And now I do not see any premium cabin UA inventory for all routes I search. UA MP offers and so does AC AP but not LM. UA are aware of likelihood of default? Perhaps I will stop accumulations of LM for now and try to use some in whichever way works.

Also senores can you now find SQ? I cannot. Even regional routes via Changi like CGK to SGN or SIN to BKK which always offer multiple SQ option before. Now I see only TG if anything.

The search by airline for SQ still exists but even when I select, then search SIN to BKK, I see the new favorite message of NO DISPONIBLE for every day in schedule from tomorrow, to EOS next summer.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:54 am

Did anyone get an update if TK will be bookable again?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

There still NO Turkish flights on Lifemiles. When I contacted lifemiles, they said they are aware of it and working on it, but refused to tell how long it would take. I am supposed to travel in November and have transferred 70,000 points to lifemiles on August 6, 2020. I hope they work it out.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by James2231
There still NO Turkish flights on Lifemiles. When I contacted lifemiles, they said they are aware of it and working on it, but refused to tell how long it would take. I am supposed to travel in November and have transferred 70,000 points to lifemiles on August 6, 2020. I hope they work it out.
Good luck with that. Unless Lifemiles decides to start paying TK for award tickets operated by TK, I don't see how TK will give them any award inventory. Lifemiles lying about an IT issue is just another typical Lifemiles lie; TK has been cancelling award tickets issued by Lifemiles because the company isn't paying them and the Turks don't have an interest in AV like UA does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.