Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Flights

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: Independent
Managing booking

I booked a Lifemiles ticket on Turkish but can't find any way to manage the reservation on the Turkish site. I had to call Turkish to select seats and even though they gave me their reservation code and confirmed that it was ticketed I'm still not having any luck. Is this normal? Any workarounds?
Old May 1, 2021, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by hkcj
I booked a Lifemiles ticket on Turkish but can't find any way to manage the reservation on the Turkish site. I had to call Turkish to select seats and even though they gave me their reservation code and confirmed that it was ticketed I'm still not having any luck. Is this normal? Any workarounds?
That has always been my experience with Turkish booked via LM.
Old May 1, 2021, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Maayan
That has always been my experience with Turkish booked via LM.
Is it possible that there is another booking reference? Call them to ask what’s the TK booking reference not the LM award one
Old May 1, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaBeez
Is it possible that there is another booking reference? Call them to ask what’s the TK booking reference not the LM award one
Yeah, they gave me the Turkish one but neither lets me view the flight details. Not a big deal as long as nothing is changed or cancelled! I guess that's what TripIt is for.
Old May 1, 2021, 7:42 pm

Yeah, they gave me the Turkish one but neither lets me view the flight details. Not a big deal as long as nothing is changed or cancelled! I guess that's what TripIt is for.
odd and good to know and hope you got the seats you wanted. Safe travels and do remember to share any other info for future TK travellers!
Old May 3, 2021, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As stated above the TK website will never show other reservations than made/issued by TK. Nothing new and not something isolated to LM reservations/tickets.

Tripit will cover it though.
AlphaBeez likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaBeez
odd and good to know and hope you got the seats you wanted. Safe travels and do remember to share any other info for future TK travellers!
I just discovered that you can select your seat on the Avianca (not lifemiles) site. Use "manage my booking" on Avianca.com, then click "special and additional services" to find "book your seat". The seats I had selected with the phone agent were accurately reflected there.
AlphaBeez, kq747, Maayan and 3 others like this.

Last edited by hkcj; May 10, 2021 at 9:54 am Reason: typo
Old May 10, 2021, 9:50 am

TK mobile app will show the reservation made with partners, including LifeMiles, and will allow you to select seats. You’ll need the TK PNR provided by LifeMiles, and the ticket number.
hkcj, Maayan and AlphaBeez like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Basanez
TK mobile app will show the reservation made with partners, including LifeMiles, and will allow you to select seats. You’ll need the TK PNR provided by LifeMiles, and the ticket number.
Interesting, and it would be good to know whether Lifemiles has actually become easier for TK redemptions now. Hearing scare stories of the past always makes me hesitant to redeem on TK (due to erratic issues with LM)
Old May 27, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I just discovered that you can select your seat on the Avianca (not lifemiles) site. Use "manage my booking" on Avianca.com, then click "special and additional services" to find "book your seat". The seats I had selected with the phone agent were accurately reflected there.
Came here to report similar to other people, and this was a great help!

Booked ATH-IST-EWR and got the Turkish PNR code through CheckMyTrip app, and could get the reservation for the first passenger on the Turkish app (needed e-ticket # for other passenger...but couldn't select seats).

Just put the Avianca PNR into Avianca.com and was staggered to see it worked and could select seats for TK flights
Old May 27, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
To summarize, for anyone else arriving here with a Lifemiles TK booking:

Add your AVIANCA PNR to Avianca.com, and select your seats through special and additional services.

You'll also see e-ticket numbers for all passengers which will then allow you to see the booking properly in the Turkish app.
Maayan, no_idea, hkcj and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by jeffers

Add your AVIANCA PNR to Avianca.com, and select your seats through special and additional services.

You'll also see e-ticket numbers for all passengers which will then allow you to see the booking properly in the Turkish app.
Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I've tried it and managed to select a seat - very useful!

However, I'm still unable to see the booking on the Turkish app after checking the eticket number. It keeps on telling me "Please check the reservation and surname and try again"

Anyone experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 7:37 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by HaikalS
However, I'm still unable to see the booking on the Turkish app after checking the eticket number. It keeps on telling me "Please check the reservation and surname and try again"
I recall these issues - they happen when Troy (TK Res system) cannot properly map last name from Amadeus (or other GDS'es) - especially when you have 2 last names or 2 first names. Try all combinations - LASTNAME LASTNAME or LASTNAMELASTNAME. In may case agent put a space between first name and gender - only when I searched by LASTNAME/FIRSTNAMEMR the PNR showed up. I know, I know - annoying.

PS> BTW - the last digit of your e-ticket is the check digit - try with or without it (the eticket number consists of 3 digit airline code then 10 digits then check digit).
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by TPJ
I recall these issues - they happen when Troy (TK Res system) cannot properly map last name from Amadeus (or other GDS'es) - especially when you have 2 last names or 2 first names. Try all combinations - LASTNAME LASTNAME or LASTNAMELASTNAME. In may case agent put a space between first name and gender - only when I searched by LASTNAME/FIRSTNAMEMR the PNR showed up. I know, I know - annoying.

PS> BTW - the last digit of your e-ticket is the check digit - try with or without it (the eticket number consists of 3 digit airline code then 10 digits then check digit).
Thanks for the info. Couldn't find any combination of the above to make it work Had to resort calling the call center. Thanks anyway!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by jeffers

I'm rather astounded that this works. The TK booking I just made with LM doesn't pull up at all on the Turkish website, crashes the Turkish app entirely, but works flawlessly and allows seat selection on Avianca. mind blown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.