FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   Seat selection with *G status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/2015884-seat-selection-g-status.html)

njcommodore Apr 16, 2020 6:38 am

Seat selection with *G status

Does AV allow selection of any of the preferred (Avianca plus or exit row) seats for free with *G status?

ermis177 Apr 16, 2020 12:51 pm

For some routes yes but not for all.

njcommodore Apr 16, 2020 1:04 pm

CB to North America. Is there a list anywhere?

ermis177 Apr 17, 2020 11:48 am

No list. It is a very weird system. For example you can choose an exit row for BOG-LHR but not for LHR-BOG. The system is amazing and randomly allocate the exit row seats to non status holders. I have complained a few times and they usually move me to an exit row but i have given up flying with Avianca due to their horrible customer services.

keisari Apr 18, 2020 1:59 pm

You can sometimes get a preferred seat by calling. I have UA *G and their customer service is hit or miss.
I fly them ONLY for non stop SFO-San Salvador.
I would recommend to call and if they do not assign you a good seat then hang up and call again.

ermis177 Apr 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by keisari (Post 32304768)
You can sometimes get a preferred seat by calling. I have UA *G and their customer service is hit or miss.
I fly them ONLY for non stop SFO-San Salvador.
I would recommend to call and if they do not assign you a good seat then hang up and call again.

I have dealt more than 50 times with Avianca customer service and i can say it is the worst experience i ever had. I will give only 1 example as i do not want to write a very long reply.

According to Avianca website you can reserve an empty seat next to you if one is available from Europe for 30 dollars. I tried at least 3 times to do it for my flight to Bogota. Nobody knew how to do it and at the end they escalated it...

After 1 week or so i got a call from Avianca that they managed to do it and that it will cost me...£2.100. I simple asked them to not call me again and that i do not need the seat anymore... I did write a very long email complaining of how poor the customer services it is in this specific instance and i have provided all the times and dates i rang. I also provided the link on their website regarding the service and the price.

I did not expect anything to be honest just to make them aware how bad they are and at least an apology maybe?

Anyhow, a few weeks after i got an email from Avianca stating that they cannot see anything wrong as they have offered me the empty seat but i refused to pay the 2.1k.....

Go figure!