Community
Wiki Posts
Search

voucher for lifemiles?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

voucher for lifemiles?

i booked 2 business class tixs back in July 2019 for SFO-LIM leaving May 11,2020...with all the uncertainty I really think the flight will end up getting cancelled but nothing so far (Peru set to open borders again 4/12)
My question is are the miles returned to my lifemiles account or just “a credit” and only redeemable for use on Avianca. I called the airline and all they said was the flight is still scheduled.
thanks scott
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
If you or they cancel the miles will be returned. Ideally you wait for the flight to be cancelled, otherwise you'll be paying the cancellation fee.
Old May 10, 2020, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
so my flight was canceled, do i have to request for the miles, its been a few weeks, but i havent been able to get a hold of them either
Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by bbmatt
so my flight was canceled, do i have to request for the miles, its been a few weeks, but i havent been able to get a hold of them either
Avianca is bankrupt so no one knows exactly if Lifemiles will survive. Be aware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.