Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus Waiver/Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Coronavirus Waiver/Voucher

Looks like it’s changed over the past week but trying to make heads or tails out of AV policy.
If I have an April flight that’s canceled due to the virus, can I rebook as an even exchange on same route later in the year if class of service is the same or only apply the value?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Looks like it’s changed over the past week but trying to make heads or tails out of AV policy.
If I have an April flight that’s canceled due to the virus, can I rebook as an even exchange on same route later in the year if class of service is the same or only apply the value?
For the sake of sanity, quote the new policy. Cash bookings? Award bookings? From when? To when?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Cash ticket. Business to Europe from BOG.

updated info below. No clear details other than the voucher:

If you have a ticket with a flight date between March 4th and May 31st, 2020 regardless of the booking date or the destination, you can now order your Avianca voucher and use it to reschedule your new trip. For other flight dates:

International flightsIf you have a ticket scheduled to fly after May 31st and purchased it between March 4th and April 30th, you can change your itinerary without a penalty charge.

Conditions
  • The non-penalty charge applies for all fares and also for flights purchased with miles. It applies only for once(1).
  • Valid only for routes operated by Avianca.
  • For changes, you can charge for fare difference or miles which the customer must assume.
  • For tickets to/from Italy, the penalty exemption also applies for purchases prior to February 26st, 2020, and for tickets to/from China, the penalty exemption also applies for purchases prior to January 31st, 2020.
  • If you are traveling after April 30th, 2020, you will need to make the date change with 15 days notice to the original date of the flight.
  • These measures don't apply to travelers who lose connections because of their responsibility.
  • For partially used LifeMiles tickets, only the flight date change will be allowed.
  • If you already know when you want to travel change the itineraryto fly yourself before December 31st, 2020.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:28 am

hmmmm, didn't say anything about award booking.
I have been trying to get my miles back for a while, and the lifemile support email has yet to reply my email, and call center adivses me to contact through email.
help..
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:07 am

I've got an e-mail about a ticket cancelled by the airline due to Covid-19. In the mail it says:

Any person who still has an open reservation and decides not to accept the voucher, may make changes to said reservation via the website, or request a refund

My question: What do I need to do to *NOT* accept the voucher? No option to request a refund on their website. Calling Avianca didn't help either, I've got stuck in a loop of a voice telling me how to get my voucher. I've never got a human on the line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.