Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Long transit at BOG, can I visit the lounge before leaving airport for transit tour

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long transit at BOG, can I visit the lounge before leaving airport for transit tour

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold

My brother and I are flying Avianca in business (I am also star Gold), from JFK to LPB, with a 15 hour layover in Bogota. we land at 5am and depart later that night at 9pm.

I would like to check with the experts:
- whether we would be able to visit one of the Avianca lounges in the morning, and freshen up and then leave for a transit tour around 9am?

I tried to find the information online, but was unable to learn whether it is allowed to leave the airport once we are in the departure lounges.

Thanks in advance for your help and cheers.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I never attempted this but don't think there is any way out of the departure area, at least it's not obvious or signposted. AV lounge at BOG is nothing to be excited about so you might be better of just getting a day room in a hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.