Wiki Posts
Search

Lifeless using for TK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifemiles Avianca
Lifemiles using for TK

I would like to book with Lifemiles a flight from BOG - DUS with TK in business 15.6.. The stop in IST is about 1:05 hours. Can I book it with Lifemiles and afterwards change the stop from 1 hour to the next day? Arriving in IST 16.6. I would like to fly to DUS on the 17.6.

Thanks

Last edited by milka2010; Jan 8, 2020 at 3:35 pm
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm curious what's Lifeless about the topic other than Avianca technology.

If you want to book with that connection why not book it with that connection? If it's not allowed why would Avianca allow it after the fact? What are the rules on stopovers vs. connections? Sometimes you can force a longer connection by arriving on the last flight in that cannot connect until the next day but if they don't allow stopovers they won't allow them on the basis of calling them. If they do, then book that online.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't checked it. LIFEMILES
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: *A
I checked and yes you can book it directly.
Lifemiles search does not always show all possible itineraries. The default search selected is Smart Search (just above where you enter the Departure and Arrival airports). Selecting Turkish Airlines instead of Smart Search shows a second itinerary with the IST - DUS flight at 06:55 next morning.
Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason to fly through IST or is it because that is the best connection you see?
If you'd like a faster connection, an alternative would be to search and book till FRA. FRA airport has direct high speed trains to DUS every hour and the journey is less than 90 mins (you'd have to book it separately at bahn.com)
Cheetah_SA likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I thought it might be a new experience and I'm not in a hurry. If I arrive a day later it doesn't matter. I think business in TK is nice and the price with 80.000 lifemiles and a payment of 200 USD was good.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Better than barely an hour to connect anyway.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
this thread should be moved to the big thread (link).
LIfeless/useless are big words.
You get what you get. It is LM after all. There are great positives and atrocious negatives.
Go with the flow and you will stay happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.