Wiki Posts
Search

Futile Trip/Trip In Vain on AV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Futile Trip/Trip In Vain on AV

My flight diverted to Cali due to fog at BOG. I will now miss my European connection and can’t get there until tmrw. United has a policy where they will bring you back to your origin and refund your ticket if such a disruption occurs. Does AV have this or will they look at me like I have 3 heads?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by dparkinson
My flight diverted to Cali due to fog at BOG. I will now miss my European connection and can’t get there until tmrw. United has a policy where they will bring you back to your origin and refund your ticket if such a disruption occurs. Does AV have this or will they look at me like I have 3 heads?
To add credibility to the conversation please quote the United policy. Best guess no published policy exists. The issue is weather related and so outside of the control of the airline so do not expect the airline to take responsibility one way or another. A one day delay for a trip crossing one ocean or another shouldn't result in a "trip in vain" regardless. The "trip in vain" policies are a function of airline customer service. The business traveler traveling every Monday morning for a Monday afternoon meeting would be the frequent traveler with a case for a trip in vain; but at the discretion of the airline. The airline would likely provide the refund once and highlight the value of a fully refundable ticket for future flights.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Does AV have this or will they look at me like I have 3 heads?
The latter.

To my knowledge no such rule exists (especially not for weather related IRROPS)
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
where is the problem?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The OP is annoyed that his AV flight diverted to Cali due to weather and consequently the OP missing the onward connection to Europe /being delayed until the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.