Lounge at JFK During Swiss Renovation

Old Dec 10, 19, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *S, Marriott Platinum, AMEX PLAT,HH Gold, Amtrak Select, PP
Lounge at JFK During Swiss Renovation

Hi all,

I know AV contracts Swiss for their J passengers, however with the lounge still being close and not finishing on time (no longer Dec 19 and now sometime in March), I will have an AV J flight in the interim.

Swiss passengers are being rerouted to the Etihad Lounge, have any of you received the same treatment ?

Thanks
Old Dec 11, 19, 12:15 pm
jbb

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Elite Gold (*Gold), SPG Gold, Shangri-La Jade
When we flew AV J back in September we did not get lounge access at all because of the Swiss lounge closure.

If you're flying a star alliance carrier in J, my understanding is that it entitles you to access any Star Alliance business class lounge. It's far, but maybe you can access the Air India lounge in T4 instead? We tried to do that back in September but it was also closed for renovations. I think it has since re-opened.

Originally Posted by theboss7593 View Post
Hi all,

I know AV contracts Swiss for their J passengers, however with the lounge still being close and not finishing on time (no longer Dec 19 and now sometime in March), I will have an AV J flight in the interim.

Swiss passengers are being rerouted to the Etihad Lounge, have any of you received the same treatment ?

Thanks
Old Dec 11, 19, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbb View Post
When we flew AV J back in September we did not get lounge access at all because of the Swiss lounge closure.

If you're flying a star alliance carrier in J, my understanding is that it entitles you to access any Star Alliance business class lounge. It's far, but maybe you can access the Air India lounge in T4 instead? We tried to do that back in September but it was also closed for renovations. I think it has since re-opened.
Understood, did you try to enter the Etihad Lounge ?
Old Dec 13, 19, 3:14 pm
jbb

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Elite Gold (*Gold), SPG Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Understood, did you try to enter the Etihad Lounge ?
No... my understanding is usually that we would have received a special lounge invitation or a note on the boarding pass if we have access to a non-Star Alliance or non-Avianca lounge. Since we didn't have that we assumed that we wouldn't have access. I think we walked passed it but didn't see a sign for Avianca. Also, there was a sign outside the Swiss lounge directing Swiss passengers but no mention of Avianca.
Old Dec 13, 19, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbb View Post
No... my understanding is usually that we would have received a special lounge invitation or a note on the boarding pass if we have access to a non-Star Alliance or non-Avianca lounge. Since we didn't have that we assumed that we wouldn't have access. I think we walked passed it but didn't see a sign for Avianca. Also, there was a sign outside the Swiss lounge directing Swiss passengers but no mention of Avianca.
Ah okay thanks for that information, I will report back if I do end up going via Avianca.
Old Dec 14, 19, 9:51 pm

Same question but for Copa Airlines

Hi all,

Thanks
Flying Copa out o JFK in business class. Flight leave at 12:30AM. I was excited to learn that swiss lounge was open very late, but now that I see it is closed for renovations, am I completely out of luck?

Thank you,
BJFly
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BJfly View Post
Flying Copa out o JFK in business class. Flight leave at 12:30AM. I was excited to learn that swiss lounge was open very late, but now that I see it is closed for renovations, am I completely out of luck?

Thank you,
BJFly
What ended up happening ? Were you granted access to another lounge?
Old Jan 16, 20, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, HH gold
When is the plan reopening?
Old Yesterday, 8:43 am

What ended up happening ? Were you granted access to another lounge?
Here is what happened: Priority pass recently added Air India's lounge, and their lounge is right across the hall (and up one level) from the Copa gate. It is the second worst lounge I have ever been to - nothing close the the swiss lounge) and initially was quite crowded (I presume due to them add priority pass), but did quiet down after 11pm. We were admitted because of the business class ticket on a star alliance carrier, but the lounge was only open because of extended hours due to priority pass. After 11pm it was at least an OK place to sit with some very limited nibbles and a very limited bar selection. Before then when it was crowded, the gate area was better. Side note: Right next to the Air India lounge was the Emirates lounge - what I would have given for the invite to that one, And Virgin's lounge was tight there too, but didn't appear open (I didn't investigate too carefully).

BJFly

Search this Thread
Search Engine: