Wiki Posts
Search

Odd boarding procedure

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,BA,DEL,SPG,MAR
Odd boarding procedure

I flew BOG to LAX Yesterday 11-4 in business class . The boarding process was the typical pre-board for handicapped & wheelchairs. Then a dozen or so people of various ages, shapes, sizes & genders who were not in the business class line. A couple of Biz passengers inquired about the boarding procedure? The response from the Avianca staff was that these 12 people were security. No chance..... Clearly a blatant lie. When I departed LAX for BOG there were no mystery 12 pre-borders/security.

Really did not change things much for the flight except being delayed 20 minutes in boarding while "security boarded". My guess is they were friends of the crew.

What bothers me was the blatant lie.....

As far as Avianca's flight service. Flight was on time, service was minimal. Had to ask for anything beyond a quickly presented meal. No pre meal drinks, no Vodka on either direction. Poor food, better to bring food with you. Not the worst flight but a long ways from the best.

I don't see a reason to fly them again.

Best

Guido88
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Haha that’s typical with Avianca. During my last flight a passenger just behind me was chatting with a FA pretty much the whole time during boarding. FA goes at the front for 5 minutes and returns with a glass of wine and some nuts! Passenger quite happy drinking the wine and keep chatting with FA. After take off and while the service in economy hasn’t started the same FA comes with a tray from C with a proper C meal including a starter, main and some more wine! I politely asked the same FA a few minutes after he finished the chit chat why a passenger was served a C meal and drinks from C. FA looks at me with a very guilty face and says he will be back later. About 10 minutes and the Cabin manager comes and explains to me that it’s the passenger’s birthday..... I explained to her that my last 2 trips were in C and both times they run out of meal choices. I also had a bit of DYKWIA moment telling her I am a star alliance gold and I never got any kind of special treatment while I keep seeing non status passengers getting constantly upgraded and having special treatment because they know the crew. She came back 5 minutes ago with a starter from C. Next trip to Colombia is with TK with a long layover in IST. Avianca is the only star alliance that I will probably never fly again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.