Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LifeMiles in trouble?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

LifeMiles in trouble?

Got a really strange email from LifeMiles today that I should not be worried about the future of the program only because their are significant management and board changes.

Now I am worried. Any of you have additional information? I have 550k miles at risk.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Si senor, you mean this one? In case we are panicking about 06 insolvency... but, indeed, these kind of messages are just like the ones that the owners of los equipos de futbol americano deliver. Especific owners: "We have full confidence in Sr Jason Garrett...etc." Buut.... usually within two weeks there is a very contrary action, lol! Hola ReinaDeLaSelva,
Como habrás leído en las noticias recientes, Avianca está atravesando por algunos cambios significativos en la administración y Junta Directiva. Como resultado de esa noticia, algunos socios LifeMiles nos han preguntado sobre el futuro del programa y sus millas. Nos gustaría asegurarte que LifeMiles continuará siendo el programa de lealtad de Avianca durante muchos años más. De hecho, en el futuro, solo esperamos que tanto Avianca como LifeMiles sean más fuertes y mejores que nunca. Además, queremos aclarar que Avianca Brasil y Avianca Argentina, así como sus respectivos programas de lealtad, son propiedad y administrados de forma separada de Avianca y LifeMiles. En consecuencia, los impactos de Avianca Brasil y Avianca Argentina, y/o sus respectivos programas de lealtad, no afectan a LifeMiles de ninguna manera. Estamos comprometidos a continuar esforzándonos para brindarte el mejor servicio y valor posible, al mismo tiempo aprovechamos esta oportunidad para agradecer tu lealtad.

Saludos,

Los Jefes etc.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I think mentioning to members that they should not panic when a couple of bush league affiliates go broke but the main airline is OK should be reassuring.

That said I never joined Lifemiles when it started because the whole setup looked like a Grade 8 computer project (ditto Copa). Not due to thinking at the time TACA or LACSA would go under but because it was just a mess and reading posts here now and then, seems to still be a mess. I stuck with United.

Doesn't mean the airline and the program will fail though.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Yes, I do see similarity between this email and the one 9W sent just before they went under but it's different. Only if O6 and A0 did not use the Avianca brand that confuses consumers, we would probably not be having this discussion. I see that as the purpose of the email to tell those who don't know that O6 and A0 have nothing to do with AV. From now on, I don't think AV will ever lisense their brand to another company.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Just remember Corporal Jones -
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I have 550k miles at risk.
I struggle to think of a reason to have 550k in any frequent flyer programme. Miles are only ever going to worth less and less over time. Earn and burn...
RJ1, RTWFF and Scott Kiwi like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I struggle to think of a reason to have 550k in any frequent flyer programme. Miles are only ever going to worth less and less over time. Earn and burn...
Up to a point. A friend of mine who was required to travel extensively for work and had had enough of flying when it came to his own vacations, had built up a trove of close to that number of miles. He is now "spending" them by giving flights to some family members. Another businesswoman friend is in a similar situation. I certainly don't "struggle" to think of a reason to build up a substantial balance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.