Need help for Air China award tickets

Old May 21, 19, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Need help for Air China award tickets

I just booked 2 air china award ticket from LA to Beijing on Nov 2019, they just send me a confirmation number and without the ticket number. I went to air chinas official website and they require the E-ticket Number to Validating my ticket. Im wondering where do I get my ticket number

Old May 21, 19, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfeng0039 View Post
I just booked 2 air china award ticket from LA to Beijing on Nov 2019, they just send me a confirmation number and without the ticket number. I went to air chinas official website and they require the E-ticket Number to Validating my ticket. Im wondering where do I get my ticket number

Tel: 0086-95583 0086-10-95583
Old May 21, 19, 8:25 pm

You cant use Air Chinas online system to view your reservation because it was booked by a partner airline (Avianca/Lifemiles). They only allow their own ticket numbers to be viewed on their website. You need to call Air China to request seats. Per the agent I spoke with, you also cant check in online because its a partner ticket.
Old May 21, 19, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr View Post
You cant use Air Chinas online system to view your reservation because it was booked by a partner airline (Avianca/Lifemiles). They only allow their own ticket numbers to be viewed on their website. You need to call Air China to request seats. Per the agent I spoke with, you also cant check in online because its a partner ticket.
Thank you, I have called air china a few times but their lines are too busy and they hand-up my calls. I just called LM and they give me the ticket number and confirmation numbers, I'm wondering is that means my seats are secured? I heard air china cancel the award tickets often.
Old May 22, 19, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, I have called air china a few times but their lines are too busy and they hand-up my calls. I just called LM and they give me the ticket number and confirmation numbers, I'm wondering is that means my seats are secured? I heard air china cancel the award tickets often.
Did you call 95583? I don't enjoy talking to their CS people, but I've never had a problem getting through within a minute or two.
Old May 22, 19, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Did you call 95583? I don't enjoy talking to their CS people, but I've never had a problem getting through within a minute or two.
i called 1800-882-8122, i found this number on air china's official site. 95583 is a USA number? i could call this number from usa?
Old May 22, 19, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's their Beijing call center's number. To call it from the USA, dial this:

0086-10-95583
Old May 24, 19, 10:32 pm

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
I would never book an award flight on Air China again. I had a flight booked in April between VIE and BCN which every check showed was correctly ticketed and seats assigned. 24 hours before departure I attempted check-in and found the flight was no longer offered. Neither Lifemiles or Air China attempted any contact when the flight was cancelled. Neither Lifemiles or Air China could explain why, in the end I booked another award flight through Lifemiles and 2 days after the original flight departure time, I was able to get Lifemiles to cancel the award and refund all money and points.

It is extremely difficult dealing with Mainland China airlines in the best circumstances, and with an award booked with Lifemiles you have pretty much zero chance of support. Don't do it.
Old May 26, 19, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by relaxonbarton View Post
I would never book an award flight on Air China again. I had a flight booked in April between VIE and BCN which every check showed was correctly ticketed and seats assigned. 24 hours before departure I attempted check-in and found the flight was no longer offered. Neither Lifemiles or Air China attempted any contact when the flight was cancelled. Neither Lifemiles or Air China could explain why, in the end I booked another award flight through Lifemiles and 2 days after the original flight departure time, I was able to get Lifemiles to cancel the award and refund all money and points.

It is extremely difficult dealing with Mainland China airlines in the best circumstances, and with an award booked with Lifemiles you have pretty much zero chance of support. Don't do it.
I heard Air china is not a good airline, but I'm traveling to beijing and air china is the only direct airline from LAX to Beijing. I hope everything going well this time.
Old May 28, 19, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I heard Air china is not a good airline, but I'm traveling to beijing and air china is the only direct airline from LAX to Beijing. I hope everything going well this time.
There were some fradulent transactions involving Air China awards. I don't believe any of these were issued by partner airlines. More likely this was some sort of travel agent scam involving Air China issued tickets.

Tickets issued through Lifemiles have never had this problem. Nor those issued through United.

Air China is perfectly fine as an airline. The only downside is perhaps the catering, which is not really at the same standard as Singapore Airlines, Turkish or Thai. But it is certainly equal to someone like United for example.

I have flown Air China many times - never once had cause for complaint. The crew are usually great.

I can relate to the lack of information though... friends had their flight downgraded from a 777 with first class to a 787 without, and no one told them. But we sorted it out in the end. It's just one of those things with booking a ticket through a partner. Communications can get lost.

So just keep an eye on your ticket once a week to make sure it's all in order.

Enjoy your flight!
Old May 28, 19, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF View Post
There were some fradulent transactions involving Air China awards. I don't believe any of these were issued by partner airlines. More likely this was some sort of travel agent scam involving Air China issued tickets.

Tickets issued through Lifemiles have never had this problem. Nor those issued through United.

Air China is perfectly fine as an airline. The only downside is perhaps the catering, which is not really at the same standard as Singapore Airlines, Turkish or Thai. But it is certainly equal to someone like United for example.

I have flown Air China many times - never once had cause for complaint. The crew are usually great.

I can relate to the lack of information though... friends had their flight downgraded from a 777 with first class to a 787 without, and no one told them. But we sorted it out in the end. It's just one of those things with booking a ticket through a partner. Communications can get lost.

So just keep an eye on your ticket once a week to make sure it's all in order.

Enjoy your flight!
Thanks for the wonderful information. I have check the booking status at checkmytrips, it showing the lax>pek booking status: confirmed. But showing my return ticket booking status: unknown. Do you know the problem? that's means my return ticket is unconfirmed? I already got the ticket numbers from LM.
Old May 28, 19, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the wonderful information. I have check the booking status at checkmytrips, it showing the lax>pek booking status: confirmed. But showing my return ticket booking status: unknown. Do you know the problem? that's means my return ticket is unconfirmed? I already got the ticket numbers from LM.
It should be fine. What people need to keep an eye on is if there has been a change of flight times or a change of class. For example if you are ticketed in first class, it pays to check once every few weeks, especially around schedule change time, to make sure they haven't changed the plane and put you in business class. This requires Lifemiles to reissue the ticket.

If you are flying business class there's not really much to worry about as the new flight will also have business class. And the same for economy.

If you have a return ticket all on the one booking the same ticket number will be in there.

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; May 28, 19 at 8:09 pm
Old May 28, 19, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

It should be fine. What people need to keep an eye on is if there has been a change of flight times or a change of class. For example if you are ticketed in first class, it pays to check once every few weeks, especially around schedule change time, to make sure they haven't changed the plane and put you in business class. This requires Lifemiles to reissue the ticket.

If you are flying business class there's not really much to worry about as the new flight will also have business class. And the same for economy.

If you have a return ticket all on the one booking the same ticket number will be in there.
I booked 2 first class ticket, will they refund the points if they downgrade me to business class?
Old May 28, 19, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked 2 first class ticket, will they refund the points if they downgrade me to business class?
Unfortunately not. Lifemiles tickets you can't change class of service.

The option you will have is to either (a) fly in the lower class, no refund of points of (b) cancel the ticket free of charge, get all your miles back, and rebook into business class at the lower price.

However... if there are no award seats in biz class you may end up with no flights at all
Old May 28, 19, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately not. Lifemiles tickets you can't change class of service.

The option you will have is to either (a) fly in the lower class, no refund of points of (b) cancel the ticket free of charge, get all your miles back, and rebook into business class at the lower price.

However... if there are no award seats in biz class you may end up with no flights at all
THANKS, YOU HELPS ME A LOT. I'll get my points back, but not the $50 fee?

Search this Thread