Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Decent one-way fares in J EZE-BOG-LAX, change fee after?

Old May 10, 19, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

what is Avianca's policy on change fees?

For example, I purchase a one way BIZ PROMO ticket for $1800 for Sept 5 but need to change the date to Sept 8?

wondering how different as this is not a domestic carrier
Old May 10, 19, 4:54 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Entirely dependent on the ticket you actually bought. Is the same promo fare available for the 8th? Are you looking at fare difference as well?

Edit: I just googled "Avianca Biz promo fare rules" and got a neat little table showing the change fees etc for ALL fare types.. (very handy!) Business Promo between South America and USA/Canada ...changes are USD$200 change fee plus fare difference.

Last edited by trooper; May 10, 19 at 4:59 pm
Old May 10, 19, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Ok this is awesome and good to know.

Thk u!

Looks like the same basic change fees as here in US
Old May 12, 19, 1:38 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver
Keep in mind the fare difference may be based on current fares before leaving on the outbound or historical fares at the time of booking if you've already flown the outbound. Read ALL the rules. The fare difference could be huge, plus $200 on top.

And if it's in a discount bucket like D or I there usually has to be D or I inventory available at the time if the change.

Airlines don't like it when you get a good discount deal then try to turn it into a routing that would have cost double on the actual date you want to fly.

I've changed discount business fares and the new fare was half of full J on the changed leg.

Just understand every aspect of the change rules.