Account disabled (security risk)

Old May 1, 2019, 10:47 am
formerly Guanran Wang
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Account disabled (security risk)

Anyone have issues with logging into their account after doing B2B transfers or A-B-C-A transfers in the recent promotion?
My account is now showing error code 1104 and unable to log in.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Anyone have issues with logging into their account after doing B2B transfers or A-B-C-A transfers in the recent promotion? My account is now showing error code 1104 and unable to log in.
Why are you assuming error code 1104 means your account has been disabled by LifeMiles? Google suggests 1104 is a generic error. I'd have thought if your account has been disabled you'd get a specific message to that effect. I did an A-B-A transfer and I can log in fine
Old May 1, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I got an email yesterday from Avanca asking, Te invitamos a conocer el paso a paso para desbloquear tu cuenta. My main accounts seem fine, though.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:18 pm
formerly Guanran Wang
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Why are you assuming error code 1104 means your account has been disabled by LifeMiles? Google suggests 1104 is a generic error. I'd have thought if your account has been disabled you'd get a specific message to that effect. I did an A-B-A transfer and I can log in fine
Both (actually all 3) accounts of me and my family member are not accessible. I tried the cannot log in tab to reset the password (the usual to lost password) and there it displays Your account is disabled (security risk), Probably gonna call in today to ask.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:44 am

Yes happened to three of my accounts as well involved in the recent promo. I transferred to a lot of miles between family members. But that's not the worst part.

They even cancelled tickets which I had issued out of these accounts. One ticket which they cancelled (now a month ago) they haven't refunded anything in spite of multiple emails. A second one was cancelled from another account but refunded right away. And to open all these accounts I was asked to provide passport and a copy of the card used for these tickets. Only then did they open the accounts. It's a real mess!
Old May 4, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Both (actually all 3) accounts of me and my family member are not accessible. I tried the cannot log in tab to reset the password (the usual to lost password) and there it displays Your account is disabled (security risk), Probably gonna call in today to ask.
Any update?
Old May 5, 2019, 2:01 am
formerly Guanran Wang
Original Poster

Any update?
They will reply me in 5 business days. Just sent in my passport copy
Old May 15, 2019, 2:35 am
formerly Guanran Wang
Original Poster

Any update?
I got my account back but my miles that was transferred into my account plus the bonus is GONE. I just emailed them about it, waiting for their reply
Old May 17, 2019, 12:34 am

I got my account back but my miles that was transferred into my account plus the bonus is GONE. I just emailed them about it, waiting for their reply
Ouch! Did the credit card charges for the transaction also reverse?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Dominicus
​​​​​​​I bought lifemiles yesterday through the 155% bonus, and noticed today that I'm getting the same 1104 error code that you got while logging into my account today. Could you tell me what the issue was for you? and how you remedied the problem and the missing miles?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
This sounds like revenue protection or anti-fraud teams working on potentially mis-use of the lifemiles accounts. Just be happy they are protecting your account

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.