FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   Account disabled (security risk) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1967792-account-disabled-security-risk.html)

Dominicus May 1, 2019 10:47 am

Account disabled (security risk)

Anyone have issues with logging into their account after doing B2B transfers or A-B-C-A transfers in the recent promotion?
My account is now showing error code 1104 and unable to log in.

RTWFF May 1, 2019 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang (Post 31056698)
Anyone have issues with logging into their account after doing B2B transfers or A-B-C-A transfers in the recent promotion? My account is now showing error code 1104 and unable to log in.

Why are you assuming error code 1104 means your account has been disabled by LifeMiles? Google suggests 1104 is a generic error. I'd have thought if your account has been disabled you'd get a specific message to that effect. I did an A-B-A transfer and I can log in fine

Jaimito Cartero May 1, 2019 6:03 pm

I got an email yesterday from Avanca asking, Te invitamos a conocer el paso a paso para desbloquear tu cuenta. My main accounts seem fine, though.

Dominicus May 1, 2019 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 31057967)
Why are you assuming error code 1104 means your account has been disabled by LifeMiles? Google suggests 1104 is a generic error. I'd have thought if your account has been disabled you'd get a specific message to that effect. I did an A-B-A transfer and I can log in fine

Both (actually all 3) accounts of me and my family member are not accessible. I tried the cannot log in tab to reset the password (the usual to lost password) and there it displays Your account is disabled (security risk), Probably gonna call in today to ask.

i_gtgo May 3, 2019 4:44 am

Yes happened to three of my accounts as well involved in the recent promo. I transferred to a lot of miles between family members. But that's not the worst part.

They even cancelled tickets which I had issued out of these accounts. One ticket which they cancelled (now a month ago) they haven't refunded anything in spite of multiple emails. A second one was cancelled from another account but refunded right away. And to open all these accounts I was asked to provide passport and a copy of the card used for these tickets. Only then did they open the accounts. It's a real mess!

RTWFF May 4, 2019 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang (Post 31058379)
Both (actually all 3) accounts of me and my family member are not accessible. I tried the cannot log in tab to reset the password (the usual to lost password) and there it displays Your account is disabled (security risk), Probably gonna call in today to ask.

Any update?

Dominicus May 5, 2019 2:01 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 31067928)
Any update?

They will reply me in 5 business days. Just sent in my passport copy

Dominicus May 15, 2019 2:35 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 31067928)
Any update?

I got my account back but my miles that was transferred into my account plus the bonus is GONE. I just emailed them about it, waiting for their reply

i_gtgo May 17, 2019 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang (Post 31102960)
I got my account back but my miles that was transferred into my account plus the bonus is GONE. I just emailed them about it, waiting for their reply

Ouch! Did the credit card charges for the transaction also reverse?

flybye1567 Jun 26, 2020 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Dominicus (Post 31102960)

​​​​​​​I bought lifemiles yesterday through the 155% bonus, and noticed today that I'm getting the same 1104 error code that you got while logging into my account today. Could you tell me what the issue was for you? and how you remedied the problem and the missing miles?

nufnuf77 Jun 29, 2020 2:59 am

This sounds like revenue protection or anti-fraud teams working on potentially mis-use of the lifemiles accounts. Just be happy they are protecting your account ;)