Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles for UA flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Lifemiles for UA flights

I'm primarily a UA guy, due to the fly the best routes that I fly most often. I've redeemed 2M points on UA, primarily to fly domestic economy for my family with a few flights to Hawaii and Canada in the mix. I finally gave in to the blogger hype and joined Lifemiles and did some searching concurrently on UA and Lifemiles. I found the same flights at the same pricing. Basically Lifemiles is showing what would be a UA Saver ticket, and the exact same miles as UA. Blah... OK so I get Lifemiles has sale pricing at 1.2˘. I'm kind of unique in that I can buy UA points at the same pricing with the United Club card & paying my companies tax bill.

Am I missing something for booking domestic UA tickets or is this just the exact same program and pricing as UA for domestic economy tickets in the US?
Do you love Lifemiles? If so, why? Is it the point sales?
Are you primarily booking some other countries/sweet spot?
What's the sweet spot you love with Lifemiles?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is very little reason to be doing two separate *A programs if your main focus is domestic US awards.

Lifemiles had some really interesting tricks / uses. Now not so much. But if you want to buy miles to use on long-haul J or F, you should be getting a discount on paid fares.
Mbcijim10 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.