Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa F award availability / blocking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa F award availability / blocking?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Question Lufthansa F award availability / blocking?

First of all, the new website is a dumpster fire, but that's not important right now.
I have a stockpile of around 150k miles which I'd like to turn into LH F booking.

To ease it up for the Lifemiles search engine, I tried searching one-way trips, within the next 14 days (the usual LH F release window), however it seems that some destinations have award space severely limited and I can't figure out who's to blame.

I painstakingly tried clicking through every date from today and 13 days ahead, from PRG to DTW, IAH, BLR, DEL, BOM, JNB, SIN, BKK, HKG, ICN, HND and they all don't even show the "First class" in the results tab.

I can see possible flights on UA Award search engine...

PRG to PVG, PEK, KWI, DMM, BOS, ORD and IAH all seem to have some F class award space available. But the connections are really tight, leaving less than 2h to maximise F Lounge experience, even when UA site shows longer possible layovers (+5h) possible for award booking.
So that leaves China, middle east and some less frequent US airports?

As I read in other threads that LM bookings are segment based, should I try booking FRA-whatever and just position myself in Y for cash?
Any other recent tips on burning LM for LH F from C2?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
"Who's to blame" - as I understand it, LH. It's always the airline offering the seats that decides to which program they will release inventory and in what quantity. Just because LH have released to UA/MP doesn't mean they'll release to LM
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As far F space goes, yes LH. However, LM site is notoriously bad in showing slightly longer connections even if available which seems to be another point the OP is highlighting. YMMV.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

I remeber that HKG used to have at least some availability back in November, should I wait for “off-seasons” or just burn the miles ASAP?

Honestly, the destination is really the last thing that concerns me
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by ondraondra
But the connections are really tight, leaving less than 2h to maximise F Lounge experience
I am curious - what is there to maximise in a waiting room with mediocre drinks and food?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
I am curious - what is there to maximise in a waiting room with mediocre drinks and food?
First visit to FCT, who knows?
schley likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
the FCT VIP experience and Mercedes ride to the plane
schley likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A houmorous look at the LH F maximisers: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1040252-definitive-how-maximise-lh-f-experience-thread.html
schley likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
the FCT VIP experience and Mercedes ride to the plane
A bunch of the times when I’ve used this, they sent me in a shared van of sorts that felt more cramped to my legs than my buddy’s ancient Honda Prelude.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:15 am
Original Poster

While a compelling proposition, I think I'll pass on completing the whole checklist
I think 3 hours in the FCT is more than enough. If there is more time, maybe a hop to FCL B for some spotting, or FCL A to watch the heavies at Z gates in the morning
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
curious - I was checking LH F from IAH-FRA over the next two weeks. When using the LM search function, the results only display the possibility of Y or J - except for Saturday, 4/20. On this date, they show the possibility of F but there is no availability.

Any reason as to why they do not show the F box for the other dates? It appears IAH-FRA is always the 388.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:56 am

LH f just doesn't seem available even for direct searches
IAH2MEL likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
I only saw IAH-FRA F on one day and it was not available.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Did anyone try calling LifeMiles? It might be the new (horrible) website but agents could possibly see space on their system (it happens on other FF programs). I see plenty of LH F space on United's site but none on LifeMiles ex-EZE.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Speaking about F for EVERYTHING not just LH, do Lifemiles show F anymore? All I see are options for Economy or Business on all flights. I don’t see first for anything. Even to Seoul or Tokyo on OZ and ANA when they usually showed plenty of F space.

I liked the old website better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.