Community
Wiki Posts
Search

125% transfer bonus offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
not sure worth the risk to do "round trip". Some accounts are reported with problem after doing "round trip".

Good to spread some miles to other family members so that they can book from their own accounts. It saves trouble when we don't travel with them, IMO.
I think the guys reported problems might misinterpret some errors recently as their own faults of doing this "round trip". AV did have a lot of problems when using its miles recently which appeared to be your account was suspended but actually not.
I did "A->B->C+D->A and left some at C/D for the future transferring last time, so far no problems, I tried to use my relatives account first to decrease the possible risk in the future. It really dose not matter where you put your miles as they can reimburse award tickets for anyone.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by HenrySu1220
I think the guys reported problems might misinterpret some errors recently as their own faults of doing this "round trip". AV did have a lot of problems when using its miles recently which appeared to be your account was suspended but actually not.
I did "A->B->C+D->A and left some at C/D for the future transferring last time, so far no problems, I tried to use my relatives account first to decrease the possible risk in the future. It really dose not matter where you put your miles as they can reimburse award tickets for anyone.
trouble happens when doing credit card check or problem with check-in. You won't be around to help if you don't travel with them.

I heard a few cases in Alaska program that tickets for others were denied at the airport though AV is a different program. But certainly it could happen.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:35 am

What credit card is everyone using to pay for this? What credit card gives the best points back for this purchase?

Also, does anyone know if the purchase is coded as a travel purchase? I guess that would answer my previous question. I know someone posted that it's similar to Avianca taxes but I'm not sure we get points back on taxes. I thought it was only on the actual purchase.

Thanks guys

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 5, 2019 at 11:31 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Just tried A->B->A. A->B succeeded.
B->A gives me this error, tried 3 different cards, one belongs to B, two to A:

Sorry, the page you tried cannot be found!

We could not find what you were looking for and the operation could not be completed. For assistance contact our Call Center (option 3) . Error code: 999.
Here are some helpful links instead:
* Help Center
* Contact us
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Originally Posted by gbenrus25
What credit card is everyone using to pay for this? What credit card gives the best points back for this purchase?

Also, does anyone know if the purchase is coded as a travel purchase? I guess that would answer my previous question. I know someone posted that it's similar to Avianca taxes but I'm not sure we get points back on taxes. I thought it was only on the actual purchase.

Thanks guys
Citi Prestige - 5pts, I think Amex Plat also gives 5 pts airfare.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by fjord
I got this message too. Just waited couple days and it went through well. I don't think it's A-B-A's problem.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:09 pm

I'm new to Avianca. Recently I need two one-way Mex-US in Y and cash price was $630. I saw this promotion and decided to give it a try. Started from Thankyou points(14k, missed TY bonus for couple days) -> LM A -> B. Booked the tickets for 24k+$196.36 = ~$509. Saved $120, not bad.

I needed an US-Aisa Biz ticket couple days later. Instead of using UA miles as usual, I decided to try LM again. Started from 6k left from previous transaction, I did B-A-B-A-B and them booked the ticket. 75k+$54.8 = ~$1033. Another solid redemption.

Thank you all for the information.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: Alaska
115% transfer bonus is back, til Nov 20th.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by fjord
I'm having the same issue (error 999).
I transferred A->B in March this year. I now want to transfer B->A->B to top up B's account and then redeem all of the miles (reduce my exposure in case of AV bankruptcy).
Any idea how to get around that error? Should I do B->C->A->B now or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.