Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles seeing BR J space that other programs do not

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

I've noticed that when it comes to space on BR, Lifemiles will show J space that doesn't show up when searching via UA, NH, AC. An example is if you search SIN-YYZ for Dec 9. Through the other programs you'll see a BR routing of SIN-TPE-YYZ, with SIN-TPE booked in X, TPE-YYZ booked in I. But on Lifemiles both segments book in I, and in fact it shows no space in X for the SIN-TPE segment. However, if you just search SIN-TPE, Lifemiles will only let you book into economy.

I've actually made a few Lifemiles bookings on EVA before I noticed this irregularity. Does anyone know what's up with the difference in inventory? Do I run the risk of showing up to the airport and being forced to sit in Y? All my bookings are ticketed and they show confirmed in BR's Royal Laurel business booked in I, but given Lifemiles' IT issues this discrepancy me a bit uneasy. Could it be some sort of married segment logic that other programs aren't handling?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I've noticed that when it comes to space on BR, Lifemiles will show J space that doesn't show up when searching via UA, NH, AC. An example is if you search SIN-YYZ for Dec 9. Through the other programs you'll see a BR routing of SIN-TPE-YYZ, with SIN-TPE booked in X, TPE-YYZ booked in I. But on Lifemiles both segments book in I, and in fact it shows no space in X for the SIN-TPE segment. However, if you just search SIN-TPE, Lifemiles will only let you book into economy.

I've actually made a few Lifemiles bookings on EVA before I noticed this irregularity. Does anyone know what's up with the difference in inventory? Do I run the risk of showing up to the airport and being forced to sit in Y? All my bookings are ticketed and they show confirmed in BR's Royal Laurel business booked in I, but given Lifemiles' IT issues this discrepancy me a bit uneasy. Could it be some sort of married segment logic that other programs aren't handling?
What's up with the difference in inventory? You have the answer mentioned 5 times in your post - it is just Lifemiles They are just weird, sometimes for good, sometimes bad. If your bookings are in business class, you'll be in business class.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mlqsko
What's up with the difference in inventory? You have the answer mentioned 5 times in your post - it is just Lifemiles They are just weird, sometimes for good, sometimes bad. If your bookings are in business class, you'll be in business class.
But BR is the one deciding what award inventory is available, not Lifemiles, which is why I'm confused that Lifemiles is seeing space nobody else can, and only in certain scenarios.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
But BR is the one deciding what award inventory is available, not Lifemiles, which is why I'm confused that Lifemiles is seeing space nobody else can, and only in certain scenarios.
Then you're posting your question in the wrong Forum. You should be posting over there and asking their members that question. The answer here is clearly FIIK
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
It is strange like that, but better to take advantage of it rather than question it.
Lifemiles has been like that for years, with different airlines and combinations (the infamous "boomerangs" such as Tokyo-Zurich-Bangkok in business for the price of Tokyo-Bangkok, or LAX-TPE-Guam the "Gummy bear"). Furthermore, at one point or the other, Lifemiles had exceptional access to award space on SQ longhaul biz, Lufthansa F class a year out etc.
Welcome to Lifemiles, if you are new here!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Last year there was a glitch with LM offering LF F well outside the 14 day period (up to year in advance I think). This was not replicated on any of the other *A sites. Ticketed and travelled just fine. No reason to suspect BR will pull the ticket.
nexusCFX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.