Wiki Posts
Search

New Lifemiles site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
New Lifemiles site

Ok, I'll go first. Mobile is bleh at best. Desktop slightly better than bleh. Good news is that South African appeared in results. Edelwiesse did not appear. Everything else is not an improvement.
Maayan likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Not liking the new search. Can't select date during the initial query, have to scroll through a giant calendar. Results also aren't clear about what airline each result is for until you expand.
Maayan and RTWFF like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
What a mess!!

Unless there is vastly improved availability, this new site is so difficult to use

Even though you can supposedly limit the search to biz/first, the results also show for economy, and no way to check what's available in each class unless you open the drop down boxes.

And the sear results take up more than one screen, so lots of scrolling just to find anything.

Me thinks this might still be a case of having to find availability on UA and then cross referencing.

Why try and fix a nice and simple front end??
Maayan, Paella747, RTWFF and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
What a mess!!

Unless there is vastly improved availability, this new site is so difficult to use

Even though you can supposedly limit the search to biz/first, the results also show for economy, and no way to check what's available in each class unless you open the drop down boxes.

And the sear results take up more than one screen, so lots of scrolling just to find anything.

Me thinks this might still be a case of having to find availability on UA and then cross referencing.

Agree - makes it hard for screenshot method as well given the layout with the data not all on one screen at once (need to scroll)

MileagePlus also isn't showing some airlines at the moment either
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. LM is showing TG!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by baggyred
Agree - makes it hard for screenshot method as well given the layout with the data not all on one screen at once (need to scroll)

MileagePlus also isn't showing some airlines at the moment either
Ouch... Completely forgot how hard it's going to be to do screenshot now!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Yes. LM is showing TG!
It did before, no?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paella747
It did before, no?
Yes. But other sites such as UA aren't. So the potential method to make searches easier (check via UA's tool first) won't necessarily work for TG routes.

And despite the initially poor impression of the revamp on LM, at least it is showing TG. Small benefit.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
What a mess!!

Agree 100%......
Why do all websites have to show everything so BIG now?!? I know it's probably for the iPads or whatever, but good god! It's like they only want to have a few words per screen anymore! Scrolling for the most basic information is so stupid when it could easily fit on one page. I hate it. Off to UA to find award space.
84fiero and Maayan like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:47 am

Thumbs up

Yes. But other sites such as UA aren't. So the potential method to make searches easier (check via UA's tool first) won't necessarily work for TG routes.

And despite the initially poor impression of the revamp on LM, at least it is showing TG. Small benefit.

Gotchya!
Anybody know how long UA is not gonna show TG space?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
Ouch... Completely forgot how hard it's going to be to do screenshot now!
got my first submission in - crosses my fingers
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:52 am

Smile

got my first submission in - crosses my fingers
You mean you found a flight you wanted, but it still errored out, and you had to the screen shot? Or you just submitted the request online for the ticket?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Paella747
You mean you found a flight you wanted, but it still errored out, and you had to the screen shot? Or you just submitted the request online for the ticket?
screenshot

had to do some filtering on the way results for the various sectors were shown so that the one screen grab showed the offing/destination/date and desired flight
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:41 am

screenshot

had to do some filtering on the way results for the various sectors were shown so that the one screen grab showed the offing/destination/date and desired flight
Ah I see! I wonder if simple itineraries (like just one stop, etc.) will allow online bookings now (without the error).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:13 am

Allegedly it shows SAS space now.

Any way we can access the old website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.