Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lifemiles site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:20 pm

Has anyone been able to get around booking routes not recognized by their website?

I cannot book LIS-ORD on TAP or FRA-AUS on LH even though ExpertFlyer, United and AirCanada confirm the space.

If I do a search by airline and select any of those routes, their website tells me the route is not serviced by the carrier.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Has anyone been able to get around booking routes not recognized by their website?

I cannot book LIS-ORD on TAP or FRA-AUS on LH even though ExpertFlyer, United and AirCanada confirm the space.

If I do a search by airline and select any of those routes, their website tells me the route is not serviced by the carrier.
Unfortunately it's a case where something has to show on line for Lifemiles to book it. If the flights show by individual sectors, you can screenshot these and send them in and ask Lifemiles to contruct an end-to-end ticket for you.

But if the flights don't show at all, anywhere, nothing Lifemiles can do.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Unfortunately it's a case where something has to show on line for Lifemiles to book it. If the flights show by individual sectors, you can screenshot these and send them in and ask Lifemiles to contruct an end-to-end ticket for you.

But if the flights don't show at all, anywhere, nothing Lifemiles can do.
I wonder how often they update schedules...
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I wonder how often they update schedules...
Isn't it a dynamic link into the redemption booking engine of the partner airline? That's the end that makes seats availability visible to Avianca I'd assume
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:46 am

The segments don’t show ever on any date. It’s as if the supported schedules / routes are out of synch
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by coltonatx
The segments don’t show ever on any date. It’s as if the supported schedules / routes are out of synch
Unfortunately that's normal for LM and wasn't fixed in te recent refresh. Sometimes it works in our favour (for example TG was available recently even though UA couldn't see it, and last year LH F was opened up more than 14 days in advance). But at other times LM just doesn't show flights that are available through other engines.

I've tried getting flights that don't show on LM but no luck.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Is there any way to see what the variable cancel fee is for a route without transferring over the proper amount of miles from Amex? The swing from $50 to $200 is pretty wild and I'd like to know before locking in miles into my account.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
New to this forum. Used to be able to use miles to buy lounge access on their old website. However I cannot find the link anymore. Has this been removed ?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Is there any way to see what the variable cancel fee is for a route without transferring over the proper amount of miles from Amex? The swing from $50 to $200 is pretty wild and I'd like to know before locking in miles into my account.
Not set in stone, but from experience, the cancel fee rules seem to be as follows:
Tickets within the same country: 50 USD
Tickets within the same region: 100 USD
Tickets touching two or more regions: 200 USD
Sometimes, tickets within the same region attract a 50 USD fee.

As a by the way, you should be transfering miles to LM with the full intention to use the itinerary as ticketed.
Furthermore, you can search on the website and even see the cancel fees without any miles in your account.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I like the new site, more clear and useful IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.